Nevada proposes ATV restriction

Ithaca 37

This was at 24 hour campfire:

Tomorrow morning, the NDOW will here testimony on a subject brought forth by one of Game Commissioners. In general, it states that it is illegal for a hunter to carry a gun of legal caliber on an atv more than 25 yds. off of an established roadway in a game management unit with a big game hunt or game bird hunt in progress. What say you?

Post Extras:
JOG
Campfire Regular

Reged: 08/28/03
Loc: Minnesota
Re: Northern Idaho Deer Hunting Report [Re: Tim_in_Nevada]
#216363 - 12/04/03 09:37 PM Edit Reply Quote

From Minnesota state law - this has worked out fairly well here:

Such vehicles [ATVs] may only be operated:
a) before legal shooting time (one-half hour before sunrise),
b) from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m, and
c) after legal shooting hours (one-half hour after sunset).
• This regulation applies to all public and private lands and waters
except for persons using an ATV as a part of their occupation on
their own land who are not in possession of a firearm.
• A permit to operate snowmobiles or ATVs during the closed time
periods may be issued by a DNR conservation officer in an emergency
or other unusual condition.
• ATVs and snowmobiles are not allowed in State Parks, National
Wildlife Refuges, Scientific and Natural Areas, or Wildlife Management
Areas. ATV use is regulated in state and national forests.

============================================

What do you think about the Minn. law?

Hallelujah! Amen! Can you feel the goodness brothers and sisters?!

I see more ATV's here than in Idaho. I'm guessing its because of the more open country.

It can only be good for the animals which is good for me!

That is great that some states are tightening the noose on the damn things.

I hate to say it, but Utah is too stupid to fugure it out.
mad.gif

ktc- Don't get too down, there are few things in the pipeline that might actually be good! FWIW, there will be some 'road' closures in a few areas.

I too am glad to see NV getting it together. These things have to be curtailed, it is getting way out of hand in some areas.

I like the Minnesota law.

I guess the big question in NV will be the definition of an "established roadway".

Compromise: How about not allowing firearms to be transported on ATVs, period? That wouldn't preclude retrieving game or recreational riding.

Oak

People have second ammendment objections to laws prohibiting them from carrying guns into businesses, city parks, national parks, etc. The laws still exist, however.

Oak

Because motor vehicles are not the issue. The title of this topic is "Nevada proposes ATV restriction". C'mon Ten, don't try to change this to an "all motor vehicle" topic.
rolleyes.gif

Oak

Ten, You've always made it real clear you don't want any restrictions on ATVs and all you're trying to do is find a loophole or way to weasel around this one. Quit wasting time and get rid of your ATV while somebody might still buy it.
biggrin.gif

IT, show me where I have called for NO restrictions on ATV's. I would bet that there are several "quotes" that I have made calling for some form of restriction or enforcement of current restrictions, but if you think you can go ahead.
footinmouth.gif
footinmouth.gif
footinmouth.gif

OAK, you are trying to sidestep my point, and you are the one willing to ban weapons from motor vehicles, I'm just trying to help keep it simple like you wanted.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

IT, show me where I have called for NO restrictions on ATV's. I would bet that there are several "quotes" that I have made calling for some form of restriction or enforcement of current restrictions, but if you think you can go ahead.
footinmouth.gif
footinmouth.gif
footinmouth.gif

OAK, you are trying to sidestep my point, and you are the one willing to ban weapons from motor vehicles, I'm just trying to help keep it simple like you wanted.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> How about not allowing firearms to be transported on ATVs, period? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back