PEAX Equipment

Nevada left-over deer draw

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Amazes me how many leftover deer tags NV has this year, in quality units. Almost all are archery tags. These are available to residents or Non-residents, with no residency distinction made in the left-over draw.

Link provided below.

http://ndow.org/hunt/apps/pdf/2012/bg/12NRREMN-D.pdf

Deadline is June 26th.

Note, you do burn your points even if you draw a leftover tag. If you don't have any points to burn, this would be a great option.

Wow, that's allot of tags and in some pretty good units too. I see why I drew my 5th choice now. Leave in 8 weeks.

I have no idea what I'm looking at in NV, I've put in for points but figured I was a few years out from getting serious about looking at Units.

I put together a quick cheat sheet for the Archery Huntes listed. I've listed the Resident and Non-Resident Archery hunters/tags and success rates for 2011, and the historical 4pt+ success rate for the same units for the last ten year (for all hunts), and in purple is the number of tags available currently for the archery tags.

I think I might put in and go over on Labor Day weekend, but I have to convince my wife to let me get a bow first!

Attachments

• resnonres.jpg
    resnonres.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 1,498
  • 4pt or better.jpg
    4pt or better.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,393
Maybe I should ;)

171 - 173 is relatively close to me and has 33 tags and a Wilderness Area (Arc Dome), if I can convince my better half I might see about putting in. Of course I have a 1965 Airstream in my driveway that is gutted, if it was in a useable condition by then it may go a long way to convince her.

hey jryoung...get her convinced and i have a bow i will sell you. Good bow, boy just upgraded is all. PSE ready to shoot even comes with a few arrows. Somewhere around $200

I am in disbelief of all the extra tags. I am seriously considering the rifle, and muzzleloader deer tags. Wish I could put in for some of the elk and antelope tags but i am not eligible. Good luck to some of you and if anyone puts in for the early archery season for 101 - 109 let me know and I can get you into a good spot where you should not see a soul.

Anyone interested in partnering up for a short notice archery mule deer trip?

I've never hunted mule deer before, I don't have any points in Nevada, but(if drawn) I can commit up to 10 days to the hunt.

Also, I'll have my video equipment along to document the ordeal.

Would love to be able to get out there and team up with someone on the archery hunt. However I will be just north hunting elk in the 073 area. The wife drew a muzzleloader cow elk for the same zone and my father will also be hunting antelope in the 075 area to the north as well. So I will be up in the area in August and September.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back