Nevada Bear?

NV_ARCH3R

Thinking about trying for a 2016 Nevada bear. If anyone has any information or recommendations they would like to pass along I'd be grateful. I'm located in Spring Creek, so a scouting trip wouldn't be out of the question, but probably only one short one.

Anything from General unit comparison, availability to access, I've been trying to find harvest reports by area online but haven't had much luck.

Ok I'm going to be using the 2015 big game book and trophy book and the guzzler atlas. Still haven't got on go hunt yet.
Unit comparison- 192, 194, 195, 196 are all around reno, fernly, carson, and virgina city fairly mountainous and fairly wet (for nevada) that being said pay close attention to WHERE you are in these units as they are pretty densely populated (for nevada)
291 less mountainous but still you have the population problems
201,202,204, and 206 are all south and west of hawthorn less populated more dry and steeper mountains

I have never had any issues with access to any of these units most sections of private land are easily gone around. County laws for weapons can be tricky but a call to local law enforcement usually is pretty easy and helpfull

Harvest info to my knowledge is non existent. If you do draw a tag there are clinics and as memory serves you must attend at least one. You also have the harvest phone number you have to call to make sure the quota of bears hasn't been reached before your hunt
As far as the record book goes half of the top nevada bears were taken in Douglas county so I'd say 291 is your best bet the other half of the list is split between washoe and Lyon counties and it also looks like a fair share of them were taken with the aid of dogs

If you don't have a bunch of time to scout game cameras will be your friend. All that being said there are bears here. I see more and more bear sign every year I will also be putting in this year.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back