nevada 4 point

jeremys4

Not huge but sure does stink not real sure cause of death but its pretty fresh. I have never seen a dead head with all the fur and bones around. Winter is non existent in nevada so winter kill is out.

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 384
Cool Find. The possibilities on cause of death are endless......predator, hunter kill that wasn't recovered, vehicle collision, disease, poaching, etc. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe it was somebody who shot from 1283 yards at dusk and made a marginal hit and the deer didn't go down so he just left without checking.

That is a score! Thanks for sharing. As stated above, the possibilities are endless. If you pick through everything closely you can sometimes find the cause of death, but not always.

As a side note, I spent some time in snow cave up in the Jarbidge back in the 90s; and the last time I went to the Big Reno (gun) Show (2013) it was some serious winter out on the flats to the east. Brutal.

Yep definitely long range shooting lord knows that every shot within 200 yards hasn't ever been marginal.

Back