Nevada 111-115

I drew this tag 111-115 for this year, late season. Lived out there years ago, before the Park was created. Am wondering how the South Side below the Park would be in Late Nov? Anyone hunt up near Goshute either? Or No side of Moriah? Thanks
I have a depredation cow elk tag for the agricultural areas including granite peak. I will be hunting there early in November. While I won't be on the mountain side at all I will be glassing a bit of the south east side of 115. If any decent bulls are seen, I have no issues saying what I saw. While on a friends deer hunt early October this year I saw a nice bull in the silver canyon area of 111.

I have a depredation cow elk tag for the agricultural areas including granite peak. I will be hunting there early in November. While I won't be on the mountain side at all I will be glassing a bit of the south east side of 115. If any decent bulls are seen, I have no issues saying what I saw. While on a friends deer hunt early October this year I saw a nice bull in the silver canyon area of 111.
It can be tough up there that time of year since they have been getting chased all season long. Id check out the ag field on the southeast side of the unit. seems like there is always a few elk out there.

It can be tough up there that time of year since they have been getting chased all season long. Id check out the ag field on the southeast side of the unit. seems like there is always a few elk out there.
Yeah already have it pinned. The hunt area for this tag is very restricted, 2 mile area around specific ranch areas. Should be a challenging hunt, on a positive note it is a party tag and my buddy a lifelong NV resident may know one or both ranch owners. That could come in handy.

My wife had it a few years back. Good Luck with the ranchers, they complain about elk depredation but don't allow public access. Also, I'd plan on wearing hunter orange, it can get a little dicey up there with everyone hunting so close together.

My wife had it a few years back. Good Luck with the ranchers, they complain about elk depredation but don't allow public access. Also, I'd plan on wearing hunter orange, it can get a little dicey up there with everyone hunting so close together.
Luckily only like 8 tags issued for our hunt. Mostly hunting weekdays so hopefully not a to much pressure with any weekend warriors.

The ranchers cant get paid for the "damage" caused by elk if they let hunters on. Good insurance on your crops, I suppose. Idaho slaughtered a giant heard of elk a few years back out of a helicopter in the middle of the night. Pretty sad if you ask me.

My nephew had the August depredation tag last year. I am the unofficial guide, so I did a bunch of scouting. They are easy to find and easy to get on unless everyone shows up on the same field and wont back off long enough for them to get off the field. I eventually had to go to each truck ping ponging this group of 50 elk back and forth and tell them to back off so we ALL might get a shot when they are in the sage brush. Rush to the edge of the 2 mile boundary to get away from the chaos and its not difficult. This year my buddy's kid has the bull elk tag area wide so I will be all over. PM me if you want to trade info as I will likely be scouting a few times and I think we are hunting 9th to 11th.
Got a great video with a bull at 20 yards. No luck that time as he didn't have any cows hiding with him.

The ranchers cant get paid for the "damage" caused by elk if they let hunters on. Good insurance on your crops, I suppose. Idaho slaughtered a giant heard of elk a few years back out of a helicopter in the middle of the night. Pretty sad if you ask me.
From what I gathered they do allow hunters on the ranch, but you have to go through a guide they lease to, and NDOW still pays them for crop damage. Thats crazy about the elk in Idaho.

Thank you. Good luck on your hunt also.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back