NEF/H&R barrel replacement

VAspeedgoat

I was thinking of getting a barrel for my son's handi rifle and the clerk at my local shop told me that it is discontinued. He didn't elaborate much so I don't know if this is true, or temporary or b.s. Does anyone have any information on that or other places to get barrels?

Only place I have seen them for sale is on EBAY and they go for high dollars lately. They no more offer them thru the company. You might as well just buy a complete gun.

Not all the barrels swap right in/out either. You were supposed to send your receiver in to be fitted for a different barrel, not just buy one off EBay. Probably easier to just get the whole rifle.

Remington bought them out. I don't know if they will ever start it up again but the lady I talked to at customer service says she gets several calls a day on the barrel program and that I should wait until the new year to see if they decide to release any barrels. The eBay barrels are going for $200+ and for that money I would just start over with a Thompson center or cva!

Remington bought them out. I don't know if they will ever start it up again but the lady I talked to at customer service says she gets several calls a day on the barrel program and that I should wait until the new year to see if they decide to release any barrels. The eBay barrels are going for $200+ and for that money I would just start over with a Thompson center or cva!
This! Or with under a $100 in tools you can do it with a Savage.

There is a guy in Indiana that makes smokeless muzzleloader barrels for them. They aren't cheap, but are cheaper than other alternatives for a smokeless ML. I'm seriously thinking about getting one if I can find two nickels to rub together...

http://www.smokelessmuzzleloading.com/

This! Or with under a $100 in tools you can do it with a Savage.

There is a guy in Indiana that makes smokeless muzzleloader barrels for them. They aren't cheap, but are cheaper than other alternatives for a smokeless ML. I'm seriously thinking about getting one if I can find two nickels to rub together...

http://www.smokelessmuzzleloading.com/

Thats really the motivation behind all of this. I was thinking of getting one for my son's handirifle and try to get a setup for me. I was hoping to put together a nice little package like a 20 ga, .270, and the smi barrel. There is a web site talking about barrel stubbing but it's pretty pricey too. May just be getting a muzzle loader put together.

The barrel stubbing that I've looked into is more expensive than some of the budget bolt actions now on the market. If I don't do the SMI thing, I'll just let my sons keep shooting deer with the 357mag barrel. Once they get older, I may consider getting it rechambered into something a bit bigger.

The barrel stubbing that I've looked into is more expensive than some of the budget bolt actions now on the market. If I don't do the SMI thing, I'll just let my sons keep shooting deer with the 357mag barrel. Once they get older, I may consider getting it rechambered into something a bit bigger.

I talked with Dan Dewitt at SMI, and was very impressed. He was very I'll nformatuve and heloed me through a lot of concerns. For example he has a set of loads for lighter recoil so my wife or kids could use it. I think I am definitely doing something with SMI, but I was hoping to have a three barrel set put together.

Budget bolt guns and sub $200 pumps are what killed NEF single shots, well that and the all knowing all ruining hand of Remington/Freedom Group.

Back