Need Press Quick Removal Idea

GoGriz

I got a new reloading bench for my room but it has drawers across the entire front. I want a way to quickly attach the press to the top of the table when it is in use, then remove it while not in use, with the hope that I can use the whole top of the bench without anything sticking up. I was thinking of some holes with toggle bolts or something similar, but I thought I would ask everyone here first to see if there is something out there that everyone is doing, that might make more sense. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks all! I will mess around with some of these ideas and see what I can come up with - I’ll post back with results.

Set a couple T Tracks in your top, then you can mount your press to a plate. Attach plate to t-track, easy on, easy off.
Super interesting - I have never seen that setup before - this may be just the ticket

Super interesting - I have never seen that setup before - this may be just the ticket
It works great if you’ve got a thick top, like 1 1/2” +. The t-track itself is 3/4”. I built my top out of 3/4 HDO plywood (meant for concrete forms) so it’s like 13 ply.

Works great, but you need a beefy top.

I had a similar problem. I use an RCBS mounting plate that works well. I bolt the press on when I need it and can switch the press out for other tools for lubing cast bullets, trimming brass, etc. It doesn't satisfy the criteria of being flush to the counter, but it may be worth considering. Sorry for the poor quality photo.

Attachments

• 20220213_162714.jpg
    20220213_162714.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
@mtmuley idea about mount press on large board and just clamp works great. Coolest thing i have seen about it is guys use press on tailgate with same mount method and do load development right at range. Good board and some clamps to fit scenario, VERY easy.

Inline fabrication makes a couple options. A little more expensive but very sturdy.

I use the mounted board with clamps for the dedicated press for decapping with the universal decapping die, works great.

This was going to be temporary, but it’s worked so well I’ve kept it for years now. These are just bolts with fender washers inside the cabinet, small washers countersunk on top with nylocks then fender washers and thumb nuts on top. The nylocks had to be clocked to fit in the tight groove, but it easy and simple. I was going to do the same with my Dillon, but their stand was cheap and means that press can stay in place all the time.

89E2D9BF-3078-45F0-8C18-9B5A2467EE7E.jpeg

B11E10E5-F55B-4643-8112-C83527AB449C.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back