Caribou Gear

Need NM gila growth update

ccc23454

Guys i have spent most of last 3 weeks on mountain in wyoming and idaho and antler growth is going best i have seen in years. I am lucky owner of a first rifle gila tag and was hopeful someome from down that way might let me know how moisture and antler growth are going down there. Gonna be great year!

Chris

Raining today again today & hopefully monsoons are here. Elk looking very healthy. Bulls looking good with 2 months of growth to go.
Saw a herd of a hundred cows & calves the other day in a small canyon,very cool. Next day at noon 30-40 bulls crossed the hwy,none dinks.

Thanks hank! Figured such but wanted to verify. I have been seeing studs up here, seems to be great year to have tags and i am excited about this gila tag as i love hunting new places with trophy potential.

Raining a bit more now and definitely growing well. Several nice mule deer have started to show. Elk are looking really nice also. I live in sw nm next to the gila. Gonna be a great year looks like.

Raining today again today & hopefully monsoons are here. Elk looking very healthy. Bulls looking good with 2 months of growth to go.
Saw a herd of a hundred cows & calves the other day in a small canyon,very cool. Next day at noon 30-40 bulls crossed the hwy,none dinks.
Hopefully you’re talking Hwy 60, and they were headed north into 12.

Spotted some nice looking bulls this weekend and some nice mule deer unit 15 16 saw the elk nice mule deer 16 & 24 hopefully ill see some more this coming weekend. Scouting season is in full effect.

So unit 24 is looking good as well as 16 for mule deer. Nice elk around unit 15 nothing super big this last week. Its looking good i have a mule deer hunt and taking people out for elk hunts. Gonna be a good year i believe. Ran into nice sized bear prints near water holes as well.

These updates keep me excited i cant wait to hunt new area. Growth up here has been better than normal for sure hopefully it keeps moist and fire season dont mess everything up like last year

A couple of pics

Attachments

• 20180910_214233.jpg
    20180910_214233.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 62
  • 20180714_183807.jpg
    20180714_183807.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 59
Bunch of elk this weekend few nice bulls. Was out bear hunting saw lots of bear sign as well. Been hitting unit 16 looks good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back