PEAX Equipment

Need new trail cams

ccc23454

Ok guys looking for some help with trail cams. I have had a hit/miss past with them and am currently running 4 of them but ones acting up. I have some premium tags this season and need 1 or 2 more. I have been using brownings, they are simple and i got a good deal on first pair. Looking on amazon brownings are $120ish but i see china equivelent with simular features and includes memory cards are running about $40-50ish. Reviews are about the same maybe even slightly better on the china version. My belief and experiance with game cams are they usually only last me 4-6 years anyways, why not buy 3 instead of just 1 browning? Even if one dies first year i still come out ahead and if one gets stolen or chewed on again i dont stress it. Anyone use the amazon found game cams and are there a noticable difference than the ones made in china with a americans companies name on it? Thanks for the feedback

If the Chinese ones are wild game innovations I’d steer clear, never read a good review on any product they make.

I’m in the market for a couple new cams as well so interested to hear others thoughts

I've always had hit miss results with all brands it seems. I really don't use them any more but I bought my brother a browning a couple years ago and it's great. Seems to be the happy medium for price/performance imo.

If the Chinese ones are wild game innovations I’d steer clear, never read a good review on any product they make.

I’m in the market for a couple new cams as well so interested to hear others thoughts
This, theres a reason there cheaper they make absolute junk.

I current have SpyPoint. They are Ok, but I get about 90 pics of phantom ghost critters for every one that has a real animal in it. I wouldn’t recommend them. I’ve been looking at a Browning as well. They seem to have good reviews.

I’ve used moultree for probably a decade now and can’t complain. Very easy on batteries and even for a technology challenged person like me pretty easy to setup. I do have one that doesn’t like to keep time and date but like I said they are old

Check out Brownings refurbished section. 85 bucks and it comes with a card and batteries. I bought 6 of em last year and have been pleased!

They all take pics and/or video, but the quality is the difference. I have a cheap campark from Amazon. Works good but pic and video quality definitely leaves something to be desired.
I also have a browning. I’m not overly impressed with mine. Again, it works, but photo quality is lacking. There are different models of browning, though, so I’m sure some are better than others.
I have a stealthcam as well (Ds4kmax). This one takes better pics than the browning and campark.
Finally, I have 2 Reconyx. These are by far the best cams I have. Work great in cold conditions and also have the best photo quality. Too bad they’re so expensive…

I've got quite an arsenal over the years, typically just gotten whatever is cheapest on black friday. I've done stealth cam, primos, and wild game innovation. I like the interface of the primos the most it was all buttons no relying on an LCD. Next I'd say stealth cams are reliable and last was wild games but they are all pretty comparable. Like you I've always used the philosophy quantity over quality, 1 out of 4 or 5 is a lemon after a year the rest just keep on working

This one has been working pretty well for me. Especially if you have some sort of cell signal. The cell plan isn't very expensive and if you want a better look at an animal you can request an HD picture for a little more money. One thing that happened recently was a bear or elk rubbed up on it and knocked it down and broke the antenna. I always thought the protective cases were more for anti theft purposes but now realize they could help more for anti animal vandalism as well.

SPYPOINT Link-Micro-LTE Cellular Trail Camera with Steel Security Case (Link-Micro-LTE-V)​

This one has been working pretty well for me. Especially if you have some sort of cell signal. The cell plan isn't very expensive and if you want a better look at an animal you can request an HD picture for a little more money. One thing that happened recently was a bear or elk rubbed up on it and knocked it down and broke the antenna. I always thought the protective cases were more for anti theft purposes but now realize they could help more for anti animal vandalism as well.

SPYPOINT Link-Micro-LTE Cellular Trail Camera with Steel Security Case (Link-Micro-LTE-V)​

Lol...cell signal not a option, hell cell signal probably 50 miles away from where these cams are going but thanks for feedback maybe someone can use them.

Bushnell HD. Thousands and thousands of pic with same batteries ( Lithium). I change mine maybe every other year. Thats hot in summer, cold in winter.

Attachments

• EK000020.JPG
    EK000020.JPG
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 19
  • EK000042.JPG
    EK000042.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • EK000358.JPG
    EK000358.JPG
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 20
  • EK000028.JPG
    EK000028.JPG
    988.8 KB · Views: 20
Ok guys looking for some help with trail cams. I have had a hit/miss past with them and am currently running 4 of them but ones acting up. I have some premium tags this season and need 1 or 2 more. I have been using brownings, they are simple and i got a good deal on first pair. Looking on amazon brownings are $120ish but i see china equivelent with simular features and includes memory cards are running about $40-50ish. Reviews are about the same maybe even slightly better on the china version. My belief and experiance with game cams are they usually only last me 4-6 years anyways, why not buy 3 instead of just 1 browning? Even if one dies first year i still come out ahead and if one gets stolen or chewed on again i dont stress it. Anyone use the amazon found game cams and are there a noticable difference than the ones made in china with a americans companies name on it? Thanks for the feedback
I have a Browning camera that's about 3 years old. At first it worked fine, but now, even with new batteries, it doesn't always turn on when something should be activating it. I can walk past it, and have it record, but wait a minute and walk by it again, and nothing happens. It also doesn't want to convert from video to photo mode. So, I'm shopping for a new one too.

I have always had good luck with Moultries. Not too high priced and decent quality. Like others have said, Wild Game Innovations are terrible, I had a couple and they didn't make it a year

So update bought 2 Kingco 20mp, 1080 trail cams for $80(total for both!) Basic set up i came away impressed how easy it was and seemed to be easier to use than my browning. These cams have significant more options and field of view/sensor than my previous. Played around house with them and they produce good pics for what thats worth. Hung them both on mountain yesterday going to give them a couple weeks and see what they do, will report back then...

ive got a bunch of different brands. browning, stealth cam, covert, moultrie, wildgame innovations, bushnell...i only buy when they are on sale. every year someone will have a blowout sale for $40-$50 each. and i usually buy 2 or 3 then. ive already had two stolen so im not gonna spend a ton on cameras. picture quality is not super important to me, since im not dissecting the animals. typically the more u spend the better the picture quality will be.

I swear by cuddly back i have been using the same 2 for a long time never a single issue. I have used other brand seem to always have something going wrong on them. There is nothing worse that having one out for a month or 2 checking it and the only picture is you walking away. LoL
I did how ever buy a 4 pack of blaze cameras 3 years to try to catch people trespassing and im still using 2 of them not the best quality pics but for the cant complain.
If you leaving them out for a while and want reliability spend the money on cuddly back.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back