Caribou Gear Tarp

Need Help !!!!

kevinlj

Hello,

This is my first post, but I have been reading all the great posts for some time.

My 25th wedding anniversay is Dec 20th, and my wife through me a curve.

She said how about we go on a guided elk or mule deer hunt somewhere in the west!!!

I have never been, and she knows it is something I have always wanted to do!

I would prefer bow, but would take a gun hunt also.

I am looking for reccomendations for a last minute hunt that we could go together on (she will not hunt). The one requirement she has is we have to have a lodge or cabin to stay in.

Is it to late to pull this off this year?

My budget is 3 to 5k.

Thanks for your help!!!

I am still in shock she suggested this for our anniversary, I am a lucky man!!!
:)

klj

Waaaaay too late.

And even if you could find something, it would likely end in near-disaster and sink well below your expectations.

Plan this out very carefully and do it right. Don't waste your money in some hasty decision.

Find the exact kind of hunt you want for NEXT fall. You need time to think about exactly what kind of hunt you want and research an outfitter's references.

I'd think you could find a late season cow elk hunt somewhere still...
But that's really all I would think that might turn out in to a decent hunt.

you could try a landowner type tag in new mexico,{some are pretty late},,,posibly check @hunters trailhead.com i think may have more info,,,,your too late for anything that has to be drawn for,,,maybe a few over the counter type tags left,good luck.

Nebraska muzzleloader and bow season runs all December so you can propably find a private land hunt there for mule deer. Might check with huntinfool, one of their guys can propably let you know what's available this late. You might find a cancellation hunt that's become available as well. Good luck!

Thanks for the info.

I think I will start planning for next year now.

klj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back