MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Need help please

I've been trying to come up with a solution without much success so I thought I would turn to you all. My father in law has terminal cancer and wants to shoot a bull before he dies. My wife asked me to set up a hunt. The only problem is he can't walk much. I don't have much money but since this is probably his last hunt I would consider taking out a loan if I had to. He was on the shooting team in the army and I know he can shoot. Any suggestions guys?

I'll be praying for you guys, Jon.

I'm glad I was able to meet Tom and spend a day hunting with you two.

Wow, you definitely have my sympathies. I wish I knew something to help but I have no experience with elk. The landowner tags definitely sound like the best option. Perhaps some accomadations can be made for a side by side to help get around. Best wishes during a tough time, good luck.

try talking to state game and fish agencies. some times they will give out special tags for people in your situation. I know of a few places in wyoming and some ranchers that would likely help you out if you could obtain tags. pm me if you need some help

I won't be much help but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I look forward to a pic this fall of your father in law with a big bull.

Thank you for your kind words, I'm hoping he can make it another year and I'm planning on it. But I don't know. Thank you Justin it was awesome hunting with you, your a great guy and Tom has a lot of respect for you. I don't know if you remember but he was complaining of hip pain on that hunt. Should have made him check it out sooner, but stubborn is what stubborn is. I appreciate the responses.

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers go out to your family Jon. I work in oncology so I see the what you guys and other families are going through each day. Don't give up hope, hang in there and stay positive!
Trent

I agree with a former post, in that it wouldn't hurt to contact the main offices of State Wildlife agencies, and discuss this with them. They may have some options or at least have some good ideas of what you can do? This is a good time of year to get after this, as these things can take some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back