Nebraska

firek920

I have the same post in the Antelope forum but hoping some of you deer hunters only would see it I will post here as well. So I have to opportunity to visit Nebraska while the wife is there for school. Thanks to you wonderful people on hunt talk and especially to you Mr. Randy Newberg. Last year I finally at the age of 30 broke out of my comfort zone and left the state of MI to hunt. I had no clue what I was doing but thanks to a lot of advice I traveled to WY. Geared with only a bow and arrow I was able to harvest a doe and had many of chances to take a buck. Unfortunately but fortunately the does was the only animal harmed in the trip ha ha. So on to my question I am a little lost on places to look at in Nebraska. I will be in west central and am planning on a late September hunt with bow and arrow again. I am open to either a mule deer or antelope I am not partial to either one. It appears from the little research I have done there is more wooded and larger hill/mountain? I am still trying to learn to read maps. Now with what understanding I have is that the open terrain is home to more antelope and valleys with cover is the deer country..... So should I be looking more into deer? Heck should I just travel a little farther to WY again??? As you can tell with my rambling and lack of western hunting common sense I need some guidance. Thank you all again for making 2014 the most exciting hunting year of my life and the future help for 2015

If you go to Wyoming, you will have much more access to public land. Northwestern Nebraska has quite a bit of public where you can find both antelope and mule deer. Halsey National Forest is also a popular hunting spot for the mulies and produces some big deer every year.

It all depends on where you want to go and how much leg work you do. Archery antelope in NE is statewide. There Are PLENTY of farmers and ranchers in the Western part of the state that want you to take antelope. Doing it with a stick and a string is even more favorable for most landowners.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moko
Back