Trading private land access

elkythoughts

I am friends with a landowner in eastern Colorado who is pretty generous with letting folks on her ranch, some 2000 acres or so, to hunt antelope. A few deer and occasionally an elk might wander onto her property every now and then, but antelope are the only consistent game species on the property. Her and her husband are not fond of antelope and she has told me to basically bring as many people as I want to shoot as many as we can (and have tags for). This year, the group I was with tagged out by about 11am opening morning.

Not sure if this is common but got me thinking that maybe there's someone out there with access to private land with elk or deer on it that might be willing to share that access if in return they can access my friend's property to bag a few antelope.

Any takers? DM me if interested and we could talk it through over a beer if you're local (Front Range).

Trading permission on someone else’s property?
Yeah, I guess this is only for the uncommon situation where a landowner is pretty nondiscretionary with who they allow. My friend for instance has told me explicitly to bring more people next year.

Not too many folks I know of anymore who can afford much land in Colorado nowadays. If I had more than 11 acres I'd be in...but if they need Pronghorn reduced, myself and a few Veteran buddies would be glad to help out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back