Nebraska “slam” attempt

Kind of a frustrating story but the buck was doing his circle and one of my wife’s family members took a crack at him. That’s not so much the problem as he’s missed him 3 times now. He showed me where he shot today and said he was 200. I ranged it and it was 632. I told him the 270 drops about 6 feet or better at that range and he told me they shoot flatter than that……… he said he held right on him. The deer are safe around him. Anyway, packing the truck to head west now.
Apparently he looked at the ballistics for the 270 Lazer beam.

Playing catch up on this thread.

I'm posting from the Sandhills. So far it's not been quite as frustrating as I anticipated.

I’m so far behind, I’ll try to catch up. I was rooting for you.
I’ve got 20 or so days left. Regretting somewhat a few nice bucks I’ve passed up. Several nice WT and one decent mule deer. I’ve got 1 more trip planned for MD. I really need some snow and cold to help me out.

I passed this one with a bow. There’s several bigger than him, I should have just got him outta the herd with his rack the way it is. I do t regret the MD too much. He was a tall but narrow 4x4. D39EBD67-EC34-499A-8F4B-58C299DA5590.jpeg

I made my mind up pretty early I wasn’t going to shoot bucks just to complete my made up “slam”. They gotta fit what I want. Freezers are full of beef, pork, elk, deer, and antelope. I don’t think I’d be doing my made up slam justice by filling it out with dinker bucks.

The fat lady is starting to warm up, but it’s not over yet.

I’ve got 20 or so days left. Regretting somewhat a few nice bucks I’ve passed up. Several nice WT and one decent mule deer. I’ve got 1 more trip planned for MD. I really need some snow and cold to help me out.

I passed this one with a bow. There’s several bigger than him, I should have just got him outta the herd with his rack the way it is. I do t regret the MD too much. He was a tall but narrow 4x4. View attachment 253977

I made my mind up pretty early I wasn’t going to shoot bucks just to complete my made up “slam”. They gotta fit what I want. Freezers are full of beef, pork, elk, deer, and antelope. I don’t think I’d be doing my made up slam justice by filling it out with dinker bucks.

The fat lady is starting to warm up, but it’s not over yet.
Copy that!

Coincidentally I have 20 more days in a sling going absolutely bonkers with cabin fever, so I'm counting on you to keep me entertained.

I'm ready!
Maybe you posted it somewhere, but what did you do? I’d guess a car accident since you’re from Iowa………. I kid. I kid. Lol

Maybe you posted it somewhere, but what did you do? I’d guess a car accident since you’re from Iowa………. I kid. I kid. Lol
Rotator cuff work. It's been coming for a long time, but this summer the hay put the coup de grace on the right side. The left one is going to need it too, just a matter of when. Trying to figure out if I can fake with my .22 and shoot some squirrels.

Rotator cuff work. It's been coming for a long time, but this summer the hay put the coup de grace on the right side. The left one is going to need it too, just a matter of when. Trying to figure out if I can fake with my .22 and shoot some squirrels.
Hope you heal up soon!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back