Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Nebraska “slam” attempt

Shot at a big buck tonight, shot felt good, buck looked hit. I couldn’t find the exact spot I thought he was standing once I climbed down. Watching him run away I thought he was dead, not finding blood tonight tells me otherwise. My confidence is waning as I wait until the morning. I really hope I find him dead in the morning or find out it was a clean miss.

A Muzzleloader was involved…….. I know better.
A8FC4490-FBD4-4579-8E93-3A7739F6A1F3.gif

You know what the definition of insanity right?
I’m dumb as hell. If I flat missed this shot it’s not only embarrassing, it’s a sign that muzzleloaders and I need to part ways for good.

It’s like that trashy girlfriend in HS that you knew was gonna break your heart but you keep going back because you think eventually it’s gonna feel good and work.

I hope it goes well. FWIW I’ve never had a muzzleloader leave a good blood trail. I’ve had many deer run off and not bleed and be piled up within 100 yards with them things.

I hope it goes well. FWIW I’ve never had a muzzleloader leave a good blood trail. I’ve had many deer run off and not bleed and be piled up within 100 yards with them things.
True. I've shot dozens deer and one elk with a muzzleloader. Many times there is no blood trail all the way to the dead critter.

True. I've shot dozens deer and one elk with a muzzleloader. Many times there is no blood trail all the way to the dead critter.
That’s the crappy part, but also gives me some hope I’ll find him this morning. I talked to a really good buddy late last night and his exact words were “dude you know half the time that big ass bullet won’t make them bleed hardly anything”

One I killed a few years ago had no blood trail for 70ish yards and as soon as we found blood he was laying there.

I have had a couple of non-bleeders with the muzzleloader, but they never went too far.

As for your mystery guest, is it Hunt Talk Man? tell us the truth, are you hunting with Hunt Talk Man?

I have had a couple of non-bleeders with the muzzleloader, but they never went too far.

As for your mystery guest, is it Hunt Talk Man? tell us the truth, are you hunting with Hunt Talk Man?
I wish it was HTM. This guy is a close 2nd though. I’ve thoroughly proved how bad of a hunter I am to him, I believe he’s regretting his trip here now.

So walked a lot this morning, no sign of blood, saw 5 bucks, none were him. I believe I hit a branch or something, maybe I pulled it, but I can always tell if I do something funky pulling a trigger and I didn’t feel that. It’s pretty embarrassing missing a 65-75 yard shot. At the end of the day I’m confident it was a clean miss. I can live with that better than losing a wounded animal even though I feel like an idiot.

The hunt continues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back