Nebraska poachers fined over $200,000

It will be interesting to see what the actual owners get, one of them had prior hunting convictions.

So if I read that article correctly, he forfeited his rifle and paid $7,500?

I gather the remainder of the fines are for other defendants combined amounts. If that is correct, and assuming on the top end for his rifle, let’s say somewhere in the neighborhood of $15,000 total cost to that individual. So for 195 counts that works out to a hair under $77 per charge. That is woefully inadequate in my opinion.

as far as I’m concerned he got away with it. Maybe $7500 per count? But then that would be $1,462,500. That or jail time would be much more appropriate

I gather the remainder of the fines are for other defendants combined amounts. If that is correct, and assuming on the top end for his rifle, let’s say somewhere in the neighborhood of $15,000 total cost to that individual. So for 195 counts that works out to a hair under $77 per charge. That is woefully inadequate in my opinion.

as far as I’m concerned he got away with it. Maybe $7500 per count? But then that would be $1,462,500. That or jail time would be much more appropriate
That was total, not per count.

I wonder in these convictions to date in the case if there was some plea deals secured for cooperation with the feds against the owners?

That was total, not per count.

I wonder in these convictions to date in the case if there was some plea deals secured for cooperation with the feds against the owners?

Right, so the total cost divided by all the counts boils down to He equivalent of $77 a charge. Or am I incorrect? Regardless my opinion is unchanged that it’s far too lenient a judgment.

There are like 2 doz defendants in the whole deal.

They're working their way through the cases, and there's a new report in the media every couple months, on the latest sentence.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the guys at the center of it all.

Just Google the outfits name.

I and keep scrolling.

Right, so the total cost divided by all the counts boils down to He equivalent of $77 a charge. Or am I incorrect? Regardless my opinion is unchanged that it’s far too lenient a judgment.
I think you're correct.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back