Nebraska Bighorns

wyomingtim

If I can get it to work, these are from the herd of sheep north of us. Would love to draw that tag.
bighorn20.jpg

bighorn17.jpg

bighorn15.jpg

bighorn10.jpg

Originally posted by wyomingtim:
it appears I need to work on shrinking those things
No Way...leave 'em just the way they are........Too bad Moosie is on his own hunt, he'd be drooling over these.......probably seeing some of his own by now...Hopefully

Thanks for the pics... ;)

Nice pics...thanks for sharing! Ol' boy in that bottom shot has him a blue earring!

Thats one of my "fingers-crossed" hunts as well but with less than a dozen tags in our entire state it probably gonna have to be elsewhere....

Well Marv, for us you either get a Gov permit (i.e. $$$$$$) or you get lucky and draw the only tag they issue. But it is only $20 to enter, you are donating the $20 to the bighorn program with a chance at the hunt. I put mine in this year. You get a fully guided hunt with horses and lodging for 4 days. Not bad for $20.

Thanks for the pics Tim. Would be an awesome hunt. I assume the raffle is for nons and residents alike?

Ours are open to NR's ~ get roughly 7,000 total applicants for the dozen tags. Its a once in a lifetime tag.

What???

"You get a fully guided hunt with horses"

Why would you need a guide and horses???

Just jump in a golf cart...

Is there any easier sheep country anywhere in North America than Nebraska???

Heck, I could always use a horse if it keeps me from dragging/carrying a dead animal. I like the golf cart idea (don't have to feed it), but I think we have enough thorns and crap that the tires would be shredded within 100 yards.

Back