Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

ND Mulie Pics

Buschy

Here are a few shots of some mulies from the Badlands this weekend

The first one is not a great picture, but is of a non-typical 7x7 I am trying for this weekend.

The next three are of a couple of good bucks I found yesterday morning. There are LOTS of bucks out there this year. Our season opens Friday at noon.

I don't know how to resize the pics so I hope they are not too big.

Buschy

Attachments

• 2006 7x7.JPG
    2006 7x7.JPG
    493.1 KB · Views: 287
  • 2006 Morning 1.JPG
    2006 Morning 1.JPG
    401.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 2006 Morning 3.JPG
    2006 Morning 3.JPG
    434.2 KB · Views: 280
  • 2006 Morning 5.JPG
    2006 Morning 5.JPG
    315.4 KB · Views: 273
Very nice Bushy. I keep thinking I need to try a mule deer bow hunt over there sometime, but don't know much about the areas. Does it get crowded? Is access an issue?

Best of luck.

Buschy said:
Our season opens Friday at noon.

Who came up with that ridiculous start time?:confused:

That first buck is a toad. One of those in the other pictures has ridiculous eyeguards. I think I saw some like that on a buck killed last year in MT.

Mtmiller,

PM me sometime and I can fill you in.

The 7x7 came into the field with seven other bucks and couple of those were toads as well. I have a blind set up in a great spot and if all goes well, I should have them at about 25 yards this weekend. It is going to be a long week at work.

Buschy

Oak,

I picked up a matching set of sheds about 300 yards from where the two bucks in sun are standing two years ago. I mounted them myself with a cape I had. I would guess they were from the buck with the long eyeguards or a close relation of his. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Buschy

Attachments

• 2004 Mulie 1.JPG
    2004 Mulie 1.JPG
    446.9 KB · Views: 254
Nice job on the mount. I'd say it could be him. Definately looks like a relative. Good luck this weekend.

Come on Buschy, you and I both know there are no big deer in ND. You must have meant to say MT. ;)

Bwana,

Did I say ND? Uh, you're right I meant MT. Thank you for catching that. Everyone knows there are no good bucks here. Friday is getting closer!

Great looking muleys! Good luck on Friday.

I'll be rifle hunting in nw SD for muleys in November. Chase them down this way.

Alright Greg !!! Thos are some studs.....especially that NT......good luck this weekend, sounds like you've got a great set-up.....:)

Thanks Clay. I sure hope things work out. Good luck trying to stick that big whitetail this weekend. I will give you an update when we get back on Tuesday.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back