ND HB 1151

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um do you know how many dollars you would make if you found a way to stop any prion disease??? Your bottom line would be pretty good

Maybe? I'd think discovering a cure and being positioned to monetize it are separate things.

Welcome to Hunt Talk @GST

Just curious. How many forums have you been banned from? I've heard conflicting numbers.
Well its been awhile so my memory may be kinda foggy 🙃
I was banned from Nodak Angler by a moderator that banned a few farmers and ranchers at the time over a couple legislative issues that still swears we run a hfh operation which I have never had or have any interest in i think I was asked to come back on that one but it had kinda died

Then the whole Toby and the ban hammer deal on Fishingbuddy site where a moderator with a drinking problem banned a bunch a guys

I know I got back on that one and the previous moderator on there just called a couple days ago asking advice on this 1151 bill 🙂 but that site died shortly after the banning as well

Then the last one was Nodak Angler where the tribe voted me off the Island

Volmer told me in a message I could come back on down the line sometime but there really isn’t any reason to

I only came here to set the record straight on some comments a fellow ND has made that has now accused me of lying

I had hoped that kind of childish thing and personal accusations could be avoided and we could have a good discussion sharing other viewpoints and information even if we disagree

It seems hard to have truth based factual dialogue any more I hope this site is different but I have no intention of staying on a site dedicated to another states sportsmen once this ND topic disappears it would be a bit forward to think my opinion should matter as a NDan in Mts issues

I was surprised Brock felt it necessary to bring a ND issue to a national site instead of posting more on our states most popular site Nodak Angler

He is not getting the positive response there like he is here so maybe he is searching for a different audience

Last edited:
Maybe? I'd think discovering a cure and being positioned to monetize it are separate things.
My guess is any number of pharmaceutical companies are researching a response as we speak to capitalize on

Because testing at low rates across a broad area reduces your confidence and the ability to draw conclusions. It’s poor sampling design. More intensive sampling over a smaller area gives you more confidence in your results. But there isn’t enough budget to do that everywhere, so you do it on a rolling basis. Just like every other state that does CWD testing. It’s all based on statistics and sampling design, and makes a lot of sense when you are talking about a chronic disease vs an acute one. I’m not sure several people posting here understand the differences between chronic vs acute diseases, based on the nonsensical things being posted.

There are entire books devoted to sampling designs for epidemiological data. This is not being done based on opinion. It’s based on mathematical fact.

The private sector doesn’t give two chits about stopping CWD. All they care about is their bottom line, as evidenced by their long-term propaganda touting magic bullet cures that never pan out, and pre-occupation with fighting any and all regulations trying to stop spread of CWD via cervid commerce and transport. They have dumped millions into pseudo-research that has been repeatedly debunked by myriad entities.

Your statements here are misleading. 3F2 has a lower prevalence of CWD currently than 3A1 (4.9% vs 6.2%) which not only has shorter history of CWD but is also adjacent to SK, where baiting has never been banned. So it appears that if a “spike” is occurring, it is occurring in 3A1. Something about your narrative isn’t adding up.

So if CWD does in fact actually start to spike in 3F2 post-baiting, what conclusion would you draw?
Um CWD HAS been spiking in 3F2 post baiting when hunting over bait has been banned for 12?years It accounts for over half of all positives in our state

Not a real good optical stat if you claim to be banning baiting to slow the spread of cwd 🤔

This isn't a MT site, just has a lot of MT folks on it. You are currently posting in the "State Specific Issues>North Dakota" forum which seems like an appropriate place to discuss ND hunting bills.
Brock is voicing and fighting for what he believes in and I do truly respect that . In this case I disagree strongly with him . But I do applaud his efforts and the time he has obviously put into this very subject . While I’m for baiting and he’s against it I respect his fight

I was banned from NodakOutdoors by a moderator that banned a few farmers and ranchers at the time over a couple legislative issues that still swears we run a hfh operation which I have never had or have any interest in i think I was asked to come back on that one but it had kinda died
You said Nodak Angler, you meant NodakOutdoors. Schism, who is here, was a moderator of that dead site.

Because testing at low rates across a broad area reduces your confidence and the ability to draw conclusions. It’s poor sampling design. More intensive sampling over a smaller area gives you more confidence in your results. But there isn’t enough budget to do that everywhere, so you do it on a rolling basis. Just like every other state that does CWD testing. It’s all based on statistics and sampling design, and makes a lot of sense when you are talking about a chronic disease vs an acute one. I’m not sure several people posting here understand the differences between chronic vs acute diseases, based on the nonsensical things being posted.

There are entire books devoted to sampling designs for epidemiological data. This is not being done based on opinion. It’s based on mathematical fact.

The private sector doesn’t give two chits about stopping CWD. All they care about is their bottom line, as evidenced by their long-term propaganda touting magic bullet cures that never pan out, and pre-occupation with fighting any and all regulations trying to stop spread of CWD via cervid commerce and transport. They have dumped millions into pseudo-research that has been repeatedly debunked by myriad entities.

Your statements here are misleading. 3F2 has a lower prevalence of CWD currently than 3A1 (4.9% vs 6.2%) which not only has shorter history of CWD but is also adjacent to SK, where baiting has never been banned. So it appears that if a “spike” is occurring, it is occurring in 3A1. Something about your narrative isn’t adding up.

So if CWD does in fact actually start to spike in 3F2 post-baiting, what conclusion would you draw?
More intensive sampling over a small area.. So test more frequently (every year) in known hotspot units and hope for better for involvement. The focus right now is on the western half the state.. why would you wide scale move away from testing there intensely every year (hopefully at better then 5%) from the unit that can give you the best in state info on CWD..

Again, at least the private sector is at least looking for something.. I said I don't know or believe if anything out there is the cure all, but maybe some day the private sector at least is looking into it (even if it improves their bottom line, if they find something that can help.. who cares)

The prevalence rate you're referring to is also mule deer only.. which frequent bait piles at a much lower rate then whitetails.. so maybe the baiting restriction in general has even less impact on prevalence rate in deer herds then what they claim..

The number of deer being found positive in 3f2 (and 3a1) where it was just more recently discovered are both on an upward trend (baiting is banned in 3a1 also for a few years also, don't remember the year off the top of my head) but there also hasn't been a whitetail positive found in 3a1 to my knowledge, like there has been in 3f2 (1st positive whitetail was 2016 or 17.. more then 7 years after the implementation of the baiting restriction)

There is a spike in prevalence in 3f2 if you include both whitetails and mule deer.. from 20 to 21 it increased by .6%.. and if you go back to 19 the prevalence rate was "approximately 3% in mule deer and 1% in whitetails" so there was an increase from approximately 4% to in 19 to 7.3% in 20 and then 7.9% in 21 so it would mean that 3f2 is already on an upward trend (or spike) that possibly could or could not be swayed by the ban being lifted..

https://www.newsdakota.com/2022/02/23/north-dakota-game-fish-cwd-test-results/

Um CWD HAS been spiking in 3F2 post baiting when hunting over bait has been banned for 12?years It accounts for over half of all positives in our state

Not a real good optical stat if you claim to be banning baiting to slow the spread of cwd 🤔
No. Let me draw a picture.

C8F0BAD4-EEBF-475E-A771-F74B64641417.jpeg
Which one is “spiking”?

You said Nodak Angler, you meant NodakOutdoors. Schism, who is here, was a moderator of that dead site.
You are full of crap! I have never owned or been a moderator of any website or forum in my life. Try again, Dwight.

I watched your testimony to the House ENR committee. Not only do I not run a website I also don't work for the federal government or work to funnel federal dollars to BHA. Your tinfoil hat is on WAY too tight.

Last edited:
I was banned from Nodak Angler by a moderator that banned a few farmers and ranchers at the time over a couple legislative issues that still swears we run a hfh operation which I have never had or have any interest in i think I was asked to come back on that one but it had kinda died

Then the whole Toby and the ban hammer deal on Fishingbuddy site where a moderator with a drinking problem banned a bunch a guys

I know I got back on that one and the previous moderator on there just called a couple days ago asking advice on this 1151 bill 🙂

Then the last one was Nodak Angler where the tribe voted me off the Island

Volmer told me in a message I could come back on down the line sometime but there really isn’t any reason to

I only came here to set the record straight on some comments a fellow ND has made that has now accused me of lying

I had hoped that kind of childish thing and personal accusations could be avoided and we could have a good discussion sharing other viewpoints and information even if we disagree

It seems hard to have truth based factual dialogue any more I hope this site is different but I have no intention of staying on a site dedicated to another states sportsmen once this ND topic disappears it would be a bit forward to think my opinion should matter as a NDan in Mts issues

I was surprised Brock felt it necessary to bring a ND issue to a Mt site

Have you checked out 24hourcampfire ? I've read it might be more to your liking.

Your statements here are misleading. 3F2 has a lower prevalence of CWD currently than 3A1 (4.9% vs 6.2%) which not only has shorter history of CWD but is also adjacent to SK, where baiting has never been banned. So it appears that if a “spike” is occurring, it is occurring in 3A1. MSomething about your narrative isn’t adding up.

Um how many tests were done in 3f2

How many positives were found

How many deer are in the unit

How many tests were done in 3A1

How many positives were found

How many deer are in the unit

Please provide that data if you can

Have you checked out 24hourcampfire ? I've read it might be more to your liking.
Naw like I said I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for Brock dragging a ND issue over to a Mt hunting site

Given at every turn the people of ND have been in support of this bill and reining in the actions of the NDGF at about 77% my guess is his agenda driven by their liberal national org wasn’t going to get enough support so he came here looking to get people from Mt to send emails to our ND legislators

This isn't a MT site, just has a lot of MT folks on it. You are currently posting in the "State Specific Issues>North Dakota" forum which seems like an appropriate place to discuss ND hunting bills.
Thanks for the heads up! My apologies I was told it was like Nodak Outdoors in Mt so assumed wrong

I don’t know how many folks on this site are from ND seems odd Brock wouldn’t be on Nodak Angler in the thread about this bill encouraging participation

Although on that ND based site there is more people posting in support of the bill than against
There are many folks from North Dakota on this site. Many of which participate and share stories of their hunting/fishing adventures, discuss tactics and stay up on all aspects related to conservation. I've made friends through this forum. The forum boss here runs a tight ship. I'm sure Vollmer is a nice guy but he doesn't do the level of moderation that is occurs here, therefore many of us prefer to hang out here.

You and @DGND like to make statements hoping to get a reaction from people so you can copy and paste it to another board to disparage guys like Brock and organizations like BHA. Facts don't really matter to you. I've seen you operate for enough years to know that's how you guys work.

I do love how BHA lives rent free in your and Dwight's heads.

Thanks for the heads up! My apologies I was told it was like Nodak Outdoors in Mt so assumed wrong

Maybe you should do your own research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back