Nanny Problems - Oh Yeah, I’ve Got Them (a goat hunt)

That was really fun to follow along. It’s really cool that it all worked out the way it did, and that you had a buddy that stayed with you along the whole ride. Cheese pizza aside, he must be a great guy. Congratulations on a beautiful goat.

Great story! And I vote to keep the hat......
Oh, I could care less about what others think of my hat. It has a built in sweat band, dries quickly, meets the fluorescent requirement (not needed on this hunt), and has a soft brim. When glassing or shooting one quick flip and the brim is out of my way. No more adjusting your hat or hitting it on the scope or binos.

Oh, I could care less about what others think of my hat. It has a built in sweat band, dries quickly, meets the fluorescent requirement (not needed on this hunt), and has a soft brim. When glassing or shooting one quick flip and the brim is out of my way. No more adjusting your hat or hitting it on the scope or binos.
It's a functional piece of gear!:)

I believe you shot an antelope earlier this fall with a 156 Berger. Is that what you used on this hunt? I've been experimenting with them in my 6.5 Cheater Mag and like what I see.

It's a functional piece of gear!:)

I believe you shot an antelope earlier this fall with a 156 Berger. Is that what you used on this hunt? I've been experimenting with them in my 6.5 Cheater Mag and like what I see.
Yes same round. The factory Berger round, and I am happy with it so far. Minus the tumble, the two animals combined made it less than a foot.

Yes same round. The factory Berger round, and I am happy with it so far. Minus the tumble, the two animals combined made it less than a foot.
I shot a whitetail last fall with one, and it was a very fast kill as well. I'm handloading mine with RL 16 at about 2650 fps. Hoping to use one on an elk in a few weeks.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back