Name that cartridge!

You’re incredible close to the actual head stamp.

.22-15-60 UMC

I actually found one of these in the field and had to research what it was.

Stock google photo as I can’t find the actual cartridge at the moment.
yes I knew the full name, but like tha .45-70-500, we usually leave the bullet weight off as it is highly variable. I have never seen one. I think they would be very cool critters, but what to do with one? So many fascinating cartridges that I just can't think of what I would do with them. This is one of those. That you found one in the field is amazing. Have you found a rifle to go with it?

yes I knew the full name, but like tha .45-70-500, we usually leave the bullet weight off as it is highly variable. I have never seen one. I think they would be very cool critters, but what to do with one? So many fascinating cartridges that I just can't think of what I would do with them. This is one of those. That you found one in the field is amazing. Have you found a rifle to go with it?
I found it interesting that the head stamp has the -60 on it. It’s a cool piece for sure. Looks like a .22 hornet stretched WAY out or a 40-70 sharps straight that went through the dryer.

I’ve never seen a rifle chambered in it but it was offered in the Stevens 44 at one time in history.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back