Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Name that cartridge!

I have handled a Ruger Blackhawk reamed for this round. It belonged to my BIL's FIL. Make sense?
He passed away and I do not know what became of it.
I never have known much about the cartridge. Pretty interesting what is out there and how few guns some of these cartridges were chambered in.

Interesting thread seeing what people have out there.

.222 Remington on the right ? Some modification to that on the left?
No

But in all fairness I won’t keep you guys guessing long.

Because this wasn’t intentional…

I’ll give this to you and you can guess the first one.

The one on the right is what the one on the left turns into when you don’t pay attention and accidentally run it through a 6.5 man bun die….

When you’re going to prom and don’t have a nice car, you ask a friend to borrow theirs. In the same way, to join this party I had to borrow a rare cartridge from a friend. I don’t think it’s made an appearance in the thread yet.
4B87F258-C930-42F7-8A00-53E0167FB41A.jpeg
Beside a 22lr (hint: for more than comparison).

@BrentD , this one may be for you.

When you’re going to prom and don’t have a nice car, you ask a friend to borrow theirs. In the same way, to join this party I had to borrow a rare cartridge from a friend. I don’t think it’s made an appearance in the thread yet.
View attachment 293782

.56 Spencer?

👏👏👏
56-50, 1865 edition.
That’s one big ass rim-fire cartridge.
3E08C7A0-162C-43FA-BE6F-58105B86BB03.jpeg
Story goes that his wife’s great grandfather, who was a colorful but not very friendly fellow, used to shoot boats with it that were trespassing on his oyster beds. 😱

View attachment 293782

It's over my head. Looks like it's about the size of a 16 gauge for diameter. That thing is huge. I can't imagine what it is.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back