PEAX Equipment

Name That Broadhead

idnative1948

After I skinned my buck Thursday morning (rifle season), my brother was giving me a bad time about skinning around the tail in the fat. Told him that I kept hitting bone. He pulled his knife and started digging around and found it just forward in the tailbone. Low and behold this is what we dug out, all healed over. Possibly last years? We are not bowhunters so thought I would ask the experts.

No, there was no *green* as it never hit any meat. Bad cell phone pic, so sorry.

FWIW, there was an article a year or so ago in one of the hunting mags about a Bozeman based butcher who kept a collection of the broadheads and bullets he had taken from animals that had healed over. He said most of them had come from the front in the brisket. Makes you think twice about blindly sliding your hand up a ribcage.

Found a similar type broadhead between the shoulder and chest cavity of a feral hog a few years back after we harvested him. Does make you think twice when one of those falls out while quartering. Amazing what animals can endure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back