Name my son for me.

Three names persist in my family over the years, "Benjamin" has been around for thirteen successive generations, "Nicholas" for eight successive generations, and "Alexander" for five. Hanging one of these modernish and preppy names on a kid should warrant jail time. If you like them so much get your own name legally changed to your choice, but please, please, PLEASE DON'T CHOOSE PAYDEN!

I suggest naming for the adult they will be, not a child. Give the child a strong name that will look right on a business card.

My wife vetoed Hector. Heck would have fit my son perfectly. Henry (Hank) was also vetoed.

Hilliard almost made it but she got my mother to allow her to use my deceased brother's name. I did get to use Gaelic for brown horse on account he came out colored dark and stout for a baby.

Whatever name you decide on, go stand on your porch and yell that name three or four times as loudly as possible.

If it feels silly calling his name loudly and publicly then don’t use it.

I agree with whoever said to name him for the man he will become, not the baby or the boy.

I like Chance (but NOT Chancey). When I was a young fella I fly fished with an older fella named Buck on the Flathead. He was the stepfather (and uncle) of a beautiful classmate. She was a sweetheart. Her dad, Buck's brother, was named Chance and something of a local hunting and fishing legend. As I recall, he died from some outdoors related mishap when she was very young. Brother Buck was far from legendary, though he thought otherwise. Drank too much. I heard some very not nice rumors about domestic abuse. So there's two names to consider. You know which one I would pick.

Or you could name the boy Patrick after another true outdoors legend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back