Name my son for me.

We named our oldest Aidan. He is 35 now. We chose it for it's meaning and Celtic roots. Then it popped on Sex In The City and suddenly every boy born was a Aidan, Kaden, Jaden, Braden. on so on.

@Wild Bill : is there a family member that is very special to either of you? Meaning in the cases of our names (my brothers), one was a significant influence/mentor in my dad's life: That is my older brothers first name. His middle name is the first name of our Great Grandfather. My first name is my dad's middle name, and my middle name is the first name of both of my grandparents paternal and maternal. (Henry). I am partial to the name Henry.

My point is use a name of an impactful family member in your life and it lives on past them when they pass away. My daughters middle name for example is my great grandmothers middle name. Extends the lineage if you know what I mean.

My wife and I just read through a list of names from a baby app on her phone during long car rides. After going through like 400 there are a handful that we both were on board with and it wasn't too bad to get a winner for our (soon to be 2) children.

I've heard there's even a swipe right type app where you can each go through a list of names independently when you have time and it will match up all of the favorable ones.

Whatever you do, don't name him Kirk. I have spent my life answering to Chris, Craig, Kurt, and even Bruce. I hated my parents until about High School for naming me Kirk.

My grandfather was named Lycurgus and everyone called him Kirk, so I guess there is even a worse name...

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back