MysteryRanch Big Horn Users?

I believe the bighorn is currently in the process of being re-designed. I was just about to pull the trigger on one before I heard about the update and I decided I would wait. Hopefully seacat sees this and can give us an update on the status of the pack.

I hike alone so I don't have any pictures of me wearing it out in the field. I can tell you this though it is very comfortable and will carry 45 pounds of weight with ease and make it seem to disappear. If you do a search on 24hourcampfire.com you'll see some people with some loads on it. I'm not sure what the new Big Horn is going to look like, MR hasn't posted a picture yet.

The picture with my daughter in it I didn't have everything cinched up all the way or the load lifters snugged.

Attachments

• North Chilco 7-24-10 007.jpg
    North Chilco 7-24-10 007.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,216
  • North Chilco 7-24-10 025.jpg
    North Chilco 7-24-10 025.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 971
  • 100_0192.jpg
    100_0192.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,063
  • Snapshot 2 (12-10-2010 1-45 AM).png
    Snapshot 2 (12-10-2010 1-45 AM).png
    234.3 KB · Views: 1,050
I'm anxiously awaiting the new version...sounds like my kind of pack!

I read that the new version has long pockets, the stik it flap and internal compartments. They don't have any pictures out yet so I don't know if the long pockets are permanent or the removable ones that are on the Tactiplane.

Ah very cool Rem, thanks....Getting some ideas on where thing can go. However I'm not sure not sure my daughter will fit anymore at 19...lol

Correct my last post, the long pockets are like the ones it already has. They're the ones on the inside. I read the description too fast.

I see there is an old-style one listed on eBay right now for less than $300 if anybody is looking for one.

@Belly-Deep...

If you bought it... you could always exchange the yoke for the size you need... "Small" refers to the Yoke and/or waistbelt size... those are easy to change/fix...

Mark

Hey, who do you guys recommed over at Mystery Ranch that can give me some information about what style of pack would fit my type of hunting, appreciate a name. Thanks

R

Hey, who do you guys recommed over at Mystery Ranch that can give me some information about what style of pack would fit my type of hunting, appreciate a name. Thanks

R

Seacat, Mark could probably help you with that.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back