Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mystery Ranch Rentals?

Lawnboy

I'm in the process of planning my sheep hunt to Alaska with my bro. I don't have a big good backpacker pack. I borrowed my brothers last time and realized that you need a good pack if your walking in 12 hours and hauling out sheep and camp. Just wondering if the local manufacture has one they would rent me:D I don't really want to buy one since I don't do this type of hunting much. I prefer to put the meat on my horse's back. I do promise killer photos of the pack being used;)

I was afraid of that! They've got to have a junker laying around with messed up straps and multiple colors that is in need of a temporary home:rolleyes: I wonder if Finn has one of the larger packs? I'm going to have to do some sneeking around in his shed:D Better yet I'll ask his wife if she wants to make a few extra bucks by pawning some items.

From the Sitka Athlete Thread

"We're having a "Parking Lot" Sale and I've got a couple Multicam 6500 bags that are slight seconds.... huge savings!!!

Saturday June 20th!!!"

The last time I was at the shop in Bozeman they had a decent rack of seconds and proto's that were great deals. The parking lot sale would be a can't miss if I was a local.

I'm in the market for a crew cab i think, real hard to buy without seeing it.
I wish I could get to the sale this Saturday.

The AK hunts are pricey on the new gear, as it getting the meat, antlers and gear back. All something to take into account BEFORE the hunt. Nothing like hearing complaints about having to give the meat away b/c the hunter can't afford to have it processed and shipped from AK. Look online for a deal, and don't look back. The guys in AK all use Barney's Frame packs for the hunts...the Pinnacle is recommended.

Lawnboy~

If it takes letting you borrow one of my personal packs to get you to become a Mystery Ranch customer...... then I will do it.

But as Greenhorn has stated.... If you buy one (and it really is a necessity on a ALASKA SHEEP HUNT to have a solid pack), you'll never sell it.

We'll have 6000 cubic inch CBMR Orions on Sale this weekend for $215.00. Depending on your gear, this could be plenty of pack for your hunt.

Best.

Mark

Mystery Ranch

Seacat...thats great that you would do that. :cool:

But why don't more places get into the rental side of equipment like this? Looks like there would be a market for it.

I agree that ALL things should be considered in applying for these types of hunts and most who apply either have the extra funds or have saved for this type of hunt.

But...folk like me that live east of the Mississippi...buying gear like this to use only one time seems like a waste.

On a lot of items I would agree... but the people who are using our packs hunt a ton. If you go on a hunt like this ONLY once in your lifetime and you'll never use it again.... do someone a big favor.....

tip the pack to your guide.

Mark

Hadn't though about using it as a tip for the guide...but don't ya think he would rather have the cash as the pack?

But still a good idea.

Throw down some cash as well if you want.... if your guide is the person making the difference between success and failure then he's probably the kind of hunter who would really value one of our packs. But I'd talk it out with him anyways. Some guys have packs they like and they'd rather put the money towards feeding their kids.... each guy is going to be different. Do Mystery Ranch a favor and tip it to a young guide who's really motivated!

If you see a Guide wearing our gear.... he is a professional. We only sell these packs out of one shop here in Bozeman. We've been in the industry long enough to have met some really hardcore hunting guides at this point. They take their work very seriously that's for sure!! We get to know every guide that buys our gear! You never know when you might get the chance to go hunting.....

I've also had multiple customers that purchased a pack for their guide prior to their hunt. They want their guide to be able to carry some HEAVY loads so they can go a little lighter.... smart fellas if you ask me!!!!

Just spent three hours down at the Mystery Ranch Parking Lot sale. Holy crap, talk about packs getting snatched up.

I showed up about fifteen minutes early, and Greenhorn was there and already had his buddies outfitted and ready for the cash register to open. Lots of other serious hunters were picking up some deals.

Lawnboy, I didn't see you there. You may have missed out on the one chance to get a screaming deal on a MR pack. What they called a "second" is not something I could even notice as a flaw.

Andrew, to the far left, giving the pitch.
IMG_3714.JPG

Seacat is somewhere in the crowd, demonstrating and selling.
IMG_3712.JPG

I showed up at five to ten and it was crazy already.
got me a green cbmr crewcab, kinda different driving 400 miles round trip to shop for a pack for 10 minutes.

Awesome deals and looked like you guys moved a ton of gear. Got to fondle a lot of the packs and was impressed.
Saw Hollywood Newberg there too, but I didn't feel like standing in line for an autograph ;)

I have been a RMEF member since 1986, started life member in 1999. I have been a faithful and true member until...................................today when I see Seacats rear end shot made the cover of Bugle. I am done with that rag and organization:D

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back