Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Mystery ranch Marshall or beartooth 80.

Bigmo58

So I am trying to decide on a pack that I will be able to do week Long hunts out of but I can also day hunt with on occasion. My two options are the Marshall or the beartooth 80. Does anyone who has experience with these packs have any input on the effectiveness of what I’m wanting to do?

I've had the Marshall for 2 years and have packed 2 5-9 day hunts in it. I've also used it for 25+ day hunts for whitetail. I feel like I've been fairly hard on it and it has held up extremely well. I like the lid for organizing my gear and I use the front pockets for my rain gear and a compact spotter. The front pockets are not big enough for a regular angled spotter. The side zipper access is nice to have. I've packed out several deer and the load shelf is really easy to get the pack on and off. I'm not a fan of the hip belt. I wish there was some molle loops to run a holster or hip pocket without using the waist belt and it adds just over 7lbs to all your gear. I have a 36" waist and I thought with pants/belt/layers I would need the large waist belt... I was wrong and should have purchased the medium. Even though I'm happy with the pack overall, if I had to buy again, I think I'd go with a SG Sky Talus 6900 or Sky 5900.

I’ve only done day hunts out of my Beartooth yet. It’s overki . . . fine for that. It can be cinched down and works for a day hunt. It’s got enough pockets that it’s easy to organize for a day hunt. Certainly seems like it would handle a week just fine.

Although, when I had to walk 1.25 miles and then sit all day for WI whitetails, it was nice to have the big bag so I could just throw all my layers in there. I was glad I had the space on that one

How about I sell you the extra packs I have sitting in my garage, I think I have an older NICE frame and lightly used 6500 bag. Also have a longbow bag that will fit it. Also have a modified frame with a Metcalf bag. maybe some others I just have to look. Make me an offer, I'm not looking to rake in any load of cash - they're just sitting around collecting dust.

How about I sell you the extra packs I have sitting in my garage, I think I have an older NICE frame and lightly used 6500 bag. Also have a longbow bag that will fit it. Also have a modified frame with a Metcalf bag. maybe some others I just have to look. Make me an offer, I'm not looking to rake in any load of cash - they're just sitting around collecting dust.
What frames do you have

At the risk of crappy marketing & poor pics - here’s the bags I’m looking to unload. The 6500 bag and extra big lid w/ shoulder straps is in the middle. It’s in the US Marine issue MARPAT camo - which was never really commercially sold. It would come with the standard old frame on the right - which in the pic is sporting the “longbow bag”, size M with Small waist belt. The pack on the left has same size frame and the metcalf bag. Neither frame is the new guidelite version. Heavy packs but ridiculous durable before the lite weight craze. Nothing wrong with either.

I told a friend today about getting rid of these and if he wants to buy them they are his. I’ll know tomorrow if they are for sale.

6E1B1C8D-03BE-4460-B089-66D509C5E756.jpeg

At the risk of crappy marketing & poor pics - here’s the bags I’m looking to unload. The 6500 bag and extra big lid w/ shoulder straps is in the middle. It’s in the US Marine issue MARPAT camo - which was never really commercially sold. It would come with the standard old frame on the right - which in the pic is sporting the “longbow bag”, size M with Small waist belt. The pack on the left has same size frame and the metcalf bag. Neither frame is the new guidelite version. Heavy packs but ridiculous durable before the lite weight craze. Nothing wrong with either.

I told a friend today about getting rid of these and if he wants to buy them they are his. I’ll know tomorrow if they are for sale.

View attachment 123328

Would the MARPAT camo 6500 fit on the newer Guidelight MT frame? If so, can you PM me the price of just the bag? Thanks

My pal grabbed all the MARPAT stuff and a frame. There's a frame left that has the load lifter extension on it, a longbow bag and a Metcalf bag.

$80 a bag and $80 for the frame if anybody wants them..

My pal grabbed all the MARPAT stuff and a frame. There's a frame left that has the load lifter extension on it, a longbow bag and a Metcalf bag.

$80 a bag and $80 for the frame if anybody wants them..

either of these fit a nice frame? Are they still for sale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back