Myrtle Beach SC, what's to do?

schmalts

Just found out i will be spending a week there for work as a demo fleet wrench for a Bike rally in late May. Anyone know what there is to do there? Anyone live in the area? Is there fishing charters and is the fishing any good to make it worth while?

Schmalts, You are in for a treat. Myrtle Beach has about ANYTHING you want. For many years, it was PartyCentral for the SouthEast.

:cool:

Well, it will be interesting to say the least. I guess i should add that the Rally is the yearly "Black bike week' and i am not talking about black motorcycles:cool: Kind of dont know what to expect. We had a black biker rally here last year and it was the first time that anyone was ever shot at a local rally, in fact there was 3 shootings. Don't say much considering the biggest ralleys in the world happen in Milwaukee. So, i dont think i will be going out partying after work hours as much as i will be looking to get out and see the sights and check out the piers because i dont want to stand out like a sore thumb in a crowd.(is there any piers that rent fishing poles?)
Other guys that have went to these things say the Bros love to party hard but they always talk about some shooting that seems to happen or whatever, kind of spooks me a little. I will keep an open mind and hope to have a good time. Not too sure if i want my wife and kid to come hang out for this one or not. She has went along for when i went to Lake George NY and Long Beach IMS shows and had a good time.

Titty bars,crab shacks, and pee-wee golf. What else do ya need:D ;) Awesome place all kidding aside. They do have some charters that run out of the area just not sure on that time of year. May should be good for beach weather and lots of family stuff for the kids. But like you said it could turn ugly and I don't think I would want the kids around if it did also.hard call.

Del. not sure if i remember Jig maker? he post here a lot? Maybe he could tell me if it is a safe week there or not. My guess it cant be that bad or the rally would be not still going on.

Save a day for fishing! The outer banks (OBX) is the best the east coast has to offer!
It's not peak time either, so a charter should be less expensive...

You can avoid some of the crowds by staying in North Myrtle Beach, Garden City Beach or Murrell's Islet. These two places are more family oriented and they don't have the same night life that Myrtle Beach has. We usually stay in North Myrtle North Myrtle is about 15 miles north and the other two are about 10-15 miles south. The night life in Mytrle can get rowdy to say the least during either of the bike weeks.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back