Caribou Gear Tarp

My Wife is gonna....

D

Dick Reece

hug me anyway and say,"honey,if that's what you want,go for it", when I show her the new rifle I just charged at the local gunshop where I buy most of my stuff.I couldn't resist,I'm a sucker for a nice rifle.I swear I believe this thing might even kill a coyote,I know a guy who was killing vicious stray dogs at 200 yards with model just like it,head shots too!

SOMEBODY STOP ME,I'M GUNPOOR ALREADY
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
!!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-30-2003 12:02: Message edited by: Seldom Ever ]</font>

Don't know if it'll hold up as a yote killer,but it has some awesome accuracy at some longer ranges. It's a Remington auto model 597 magnum,shoots the new .17hmr.

heck,it only shoots a 17grain hornady vmax
biggrin.gif

like a superpowerful pellet gun almost,hehehe..

I'll have to take it to the range to see what it'll do.The bullets probably won't hold up in the brush for yotes,but in the open....
biggrin.gif

according to most predator hunters,this would not make a good yote gun, it's too light.oh well,I can still hunt turkeys and stuff with it.

Seems odd though,many of them say it's ok to hunt a deer with a .223.I always thought that was a bit light for a tough old buck ?

Can't understand the logic in there thinking.

Yeah I would hesitate using a 17 HMR on a coyote. Fox or bobcate maybe, but not a coyote. It would kill one if the shot placement was perfect, but thats not always an option. It is a neat gun though, fun and cheap to shoot. And you're right, lots of deer walk off after being shot with .22 cal bullets.

Brad

Back