My son's Sarpa youth 20 guage won't eject?

Djfan

I can't see what the issue is, so I'm about to tear it apart. Before I do I thought I'd look to see if there are known issues. Can't find a thing.

Thoughts?

I can't see what the issue is, so I'm about to tear it apart. Before I do I thought I'd look to see if there are known issues. Can't find a thing.

Thoughts?
I know nothing about "Sarpa", but if it is a semi-auto, it could be that your son is not providing a sufficiently firm shoulder to work the inertia (or gas) action against.

I know nothing about "Sarpa", but if it is a semi-auto, it could be that your son is not providing a sufficiently firm shoulder to work the inertia (or gas) action against.
:(
An inertia action does not need an object behind it to work. It will work even if you're just holding it at arms length by itself.

Inertia-driven shotgun operating systems make no use of expanding gasses. Rather, they have a two-piece rotary bolt that remains in place—of its own inertia—and actually locks tighter when the gun is fired and recoils backward. A spring inside the bolt compresses, then pushes the bolt backwards after the shot.May 24, 2022

:(
An inertia action does not need an object behind it to work. It will work even if you're just holding it at arms length by itself.

Inertia-driven shotgun operating systems make no use of expanding gasses. Rather, they have a two-piece rotary bolt that remains in place—of its own inertia—and actually locks tighter when the gun is fired and recoils backward. A spring inside the bolt compresses, then pushes the bolt backwards after the shot.May 24, 2022
I know that inertial does not use gas. The parenthetical was to suggest it can happen with gas guns too.

And like almost every other thread on HT, we disagree.

I took it apart and cleaned the heck out of it. Didn't see anything wrong, etc. Put it back together and cycled some low brass and high brass through it just fine. Hoping it just needed a cleaning. It wasn't too bad. My Mossburg has been much mucky-er and worked. Maybe it's just a Sarpa thing.

I can't shoot it for a while. I hate that part.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back