Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

My new rifle is here!!

5" group at a 1000 yds? Holy Buckets.

Wow, critter, I am extremely jealous.

I'm going to be very clear that he was the shooter and not me:) This guy sits for hours dry firing his rifle just practicing perfect trigger squeeze......this guy loves long range shooting. First four rifles will probably get a great discount. The materials have already been bought and his goal is to build 4 tack drivers for the guy on a tight budget.

Nice setup for sure. DId he workup the handload data for you, or was the first try a success? Shoot me the details when you get a chance. I may be talked into a 300 WSM. :)

So he worked up the loads for me but he has 4 other 7mm rifles that he shoots long range. He already knew that load shot well in his 7 short so he figured he would start with that in mine. He tried a few other loads and although a few others were a little higher on velocity, none were quite this accurate. I'm more about accuracy than speed as I feel its far more important.

I'll get you a rough estimate on the cost of what those rifles will be when he figures it all out....

Finally, that looks even better than what i was thinking it was going to be. Was dad out there when you were shooting?

Finally, that looks even better than what i was thinking it was going to be. Was dad out there when you were shooting?

I knew it would be sweet but gotta admit, it turned out better than even thought.

No your dad wasn't out there but I plan on making a few trips out there so I'm sure he will get to see it:)

What or where did the spiral fluted bolt come from? Mod'ed the stock or a new part?

That looks like a great set up. It is comforting to have a rifle like that that you know will perform. Will your turrets get you to 1000 yrds or do you have to use the turrets and a milldot reticle? or how many yards will that scope adjust for?

What or where did the spiral fluted bolt come from? Mod'ed the stock or a new part?

Bolt was custom done at Pacific Tool and Gauge. Same with the bottom metal. Then I had it all hard chromed. Was just trying my best to get a long range shooter as light as possible so we saved a few ounces by fluting the bolt:)

Stock was the new McMillian Hunter.............its essentially a cross between a Sako stock and Remington 700. Basically a Remington type stock with the palm swell of a Sako.....just love it.

Rifle with scope came in just under 10 lbs. Loaded with bullets, sling, and harris bipod(which i will be switching out) came in just under 11 lbs.

That looks like a great set up. It is comforting to have a rifle like that that you know will perform. Will your turrets get you to 1000 yrds or do you have to use the turrets and a milldot reticle? or how many yards will that scope adjust for?

Easily get 1,000 with turrets, I just ran the calcs out and I can get right to 2,000 yds with the turrets alone.

Bolt was custom done at Pacific Tool and Gauge. Same with the bottom metal. Then I had it all hard chromed. Was just trying my best to get a long range shooter as light as possible so we saved a few ounces by fluting the bolt:)

Stock was the new McMillian Hunter.............its essentially a cross between a Sako stock and Remington 700. Basically a Remington type stock with the palm swell of a Sako.....just love it.

Rifle with scope came in just under 10 lbs. Loaded with bullets, sling, and harris bipod(which i will be switching out) came in just under 11 lbs.

Pretty light! I like the looks of it. I have the 300WSM and the 7WSM and I have to say I kind of like the 7WSM better for a few reasons, moslty because it can be made to shoot pretty flat and still be accurate. Mine spits out 120's and 140's 3/4" or less. Never even tried the heavier ones yet.

OK, i have to say it just to make Oak happy...... What you runnin??

Shooting 180's out of it and consistently between 2810-2815. Not loaded hot at all. Brian loaded some hotter loads but wasn't getting quite as accurate results.

I'm gonna play with a few loads, not real sure why other than just because. Gonna be hard to beat a load that will shoot constistent 1/2"moa;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back