Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

My new bear hunter :)

Outdoor Junkie

My brother and I drew tags in western Wisconsin this year and we spent yesterday setting up a few baits. This was my first chance to take my 3 year old son out to do "hunting stuff" with his dad and it was defintiely one of the coolest feelings a father could have. Looking forward to many more moments like this in the woods !

16 days until the fun begins :)

Attachments

• Bear bait.jpg
    Bear bait.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 435
Super job getting your son out there with you. Be sure to pack plenty of patience with you (I have a 7 and 4 yo), but it's worth it!

Man that is awesome! We have six kids and five hunt and or fish with me. Nothing in the world like it!

Your son has in the making a great future in hunting and the outdoors thanks to a caring and willing dad. Congrats.

Here are a couple of pics of the bait. The bears are hitting it hard! While I don't think the 3 year old will be able to sit still and be quiet enough to hunt wth me, I plan on getting a good picture with him and the bear when we are done! Pictures will follow (hopefully in a week and a half)!

John,

Is this the story you were referring to?

http://rmef.giftlegacy.com/?pageID=3&storyNum=4

Attachments

• IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_6739.jpg
    IMG_6739.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 205
Well, today has not been as productive as we would have liked, Outdoor Junkie have put the time in but Yogi has not shown up. We did however have a couple nice ones come in on the camera last night shortly after season so we are hoping the dramatic cool down this morning will bring the bears in a little earlier. Even with 13 hours in the stand and no sign of a bear it is still a great day in the woods. Highs in the low 60s and party cloudy... Still have an hour, we will see how it goes.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back