Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

My MT 350" opener bull

thecrittergitter

Snuck up on this guy in his bed on opening day...................looked like he had been bedded there for about a year or so:D So disheartening to find em like this. Especially since i had a tad bit of history with this guy. I have his sheds from the spring before he died. Couldn't tell if it was a shot and lost bull or what but I called him the G2 curler. His sheds score 2/8" of what he scored when he died so i'm sure this was as big as he was ever gonna get. Wondering why we couldn't ever find him this year but i guess now we know. I found him in a thick timber pocket about 350 yards from where i picked up his last set of sheds..............

Attachments

• Deadhead 1s.jpg
    Deadhead 1s.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 795
  • Deadhead 2s.jpg
    Deadhead 2s.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 798
  • Deadhead 4s.jpg
    Deadhead 4s.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 787
  • Deadhead 5s.jpg
    Deadhead 5s.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 775
Nice find! Too bad he wasn't alive to shoot, but at least you found him and know what happened to him.

Ron

Man critter, great find! Looks like he must of been killed shortly after you last saw him. Someone is bummed! Good for you!

Pretty cool that at the end of the day he's really not going to waste and will wind up being a cool story!

Hopefully he met his demise befitting of a bull of his stature.

Glad someone who appreciates him found the skull, it'll look pretty cool when it's displayed.

I always wonder the demise of dead critters. Hard to say with this bull, in twelve years of hunting this particular drainage, i have never, ever seen another hunter. Not very many people are stupid enough to walk that far and shoot an elk:) But i found two dead ones in there, the other being a raghorn. Who knows. If it was a hunter, i bet he was one upset puppy to not find him. I will say, where it was laying dead, it would have been damn tough to see if it didn't bleed well. I almost walked by it and it was white, if it had been brown, i may have missed it too. I walked by it at 10 yards and barely saw it in the tall brush it was in. Will give me a winter project after season to brown it up and the sheds too. Sure wish i could have found him alive, hate to find them dead. At least i know to quit looking;)

Too bad he had to end this way but he'll look nice in the man cave or garage, you could have a couple of beers talking about that one. Nice bull cool find!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back