My kind of elk

Oak

Expert
EAGLE COUNTY, Colo. -- An elk that apparently tangled with a bar stool is now wearing the bar stool on its neck.

Reports about the cow elk started coming into 7NEWS more than a week ago. Now residents in the area have taken photos of the elk wearing the bar stool.

Wildlife officers are aware of the elk's problem, but haven't been able to get close enough to tranquilize the elk and remove the extra headgear.

"It is not usual to have this happen to a cow elk," DOW officer Randy Hampton said. "With bull elk, we run to that situation commonly where they wiill get stuff tangled up in their antlers."

In past years, elk have ended up with plastic lawn chairs and Christmas lights around their necks.

Wildlife officers have gotten close to her once but she was with a herd of elk and the area had a lot of houses and roads, Hampton said.

"What we don't we want is to endanger people or more elk," Hampton said.

But there's no rush since the furniture piece does not appear to be a danger to her or other elk.

"She's very active," wildlife manager Craig Wescoatt told the Vail Daily newspaper. "The bar stool doesn't seem to be impairing her to any great degree. She just looks kind of goofy."

Wescoatt said residents believe the elk picked up the stool during a visit to the Brush Creek Saloon or the Dusty Boot Saloon.

Attachments

• 18793600_640X480.jpg
    18793600_640X480.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 125
Great pic...are they/do they dart them and remove these various items from them?

Wildlife officers are aware of the elk's problem, but haven't been able to get close enough to tranquilize the elk and remove the extra headgear.

Ahh the Brush Creek Saloon. Dank smells of vomit and sewer. First bar I ever got into pre drinking age. Dusty Boot...................no good yuppie newbie steak house.

I keep missing her, I got a call 2 weeks ago to go see her and I was to late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back