My hunt on 10/16/07

mdcrossbow

I entered late afternoon and with in a have hr of deer movement at 3 PM I began seeing the doe's and had 2 walk with in 10 yards coming down from behind a big house in the woods. I thought about taking one but they were very old upwards to 8-10 years and had sways in there backs. They didn't have fawns didn't pay me no mind. I saw about 7 doe's 3 other mature doe's with fawns. Then at 6 PM they bedded down at the creek bottom and I left. On the way out I stopped and talked to the man next door and he told me about how the bucks travel back there and said you need to stay in till dark since the bucks don't move up out of the park about 400 yards down the creek till then.

I'm getting good info I know , he has taken some bruts out from back there over the years.

the rest of the week is set for great deer movement in the evening, with the rut fast approching and the corn fields cut about 1/2 mile way now things should be starting to happen fast.

Definately stay until the last legal minute, or until you feel you can't make a clean shot !

I had a good hunt this evening. A old doe came in again and ate acorns for about an hr 10-15 yards away and then 2 spikes came in and ran her off. They left at just about last light and I waited till dark to climb down all the while listing for movement through the woods. In all I saw about 10 doe's and the 2 spikes.
There were 2 yearling running around allot all evening but I never saw what was after them or they were just being playfull.

This is probablymy favorte time of the hunting season leading up to the rut. Deer become more active and the antispations level is high.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back