Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

My friend is back

Well Bart, now that you have left the 'hood, the elk are taking up residence on a regular basis. Had about 50 of them last weekend, and it has grown every day. Just under 100 this afternoon. They are in love with my neighbors hay. My lab thinks he could whoop 'em, but his is in a kennel, so it is safe to bark from there.

Wish all the neighbors would keep their dogs away from these elk. They were running like crazy about 4PM, thanks to some knothead owner who doesn't control his dog.

Part of the group from last week
IMG_0300.JPG

Today at about 3:00PM
IMG_0315.JPG

On the run when the local mutt got done running around over there.
IMG_0316.JPG

I was going to call you today. They seemed to be as close as they ever have been to your house. There are a lot of them. Lots of cows means lots of bootie to be had in the fall. Should make for some vocal bulls.

Some the other day were taking pictures then when they went to leave started honking their horns and got them all running:confused::mad: You'd think some of these people were from San Diego and had never seen elk.

dunno, just seems wintery compared to the last few springs. Im thinking about coming that way to hike for sheds in a week or two. not sure if i want to after all the earlybirds have been out.

There are some south facing slopes that are burning off but most of the gallatin canyon still has a bundle of snow. I went snowmobiling on Thurs. up by Big Sky and there is at least a foot on most south slopes.

You ought to see Glasgow RD... maybe Miller will post a pic. Guy from work went up the other day and said you usually could see the top wire of the fences...and now and again the 2nd wire down....

Sure would be nice to be able to look out the window at elk....way cool! I could glass them all winter from my house in Lolo, but not in Billinsg.

Back