Caribou Gear

My Daughter's Beautiful NW MT Whitetail

That is a beautiful buck!!! Congratulations! My buddy killed a very nice whitetail high up as well.....what's up with the high mountain whitetails??

Thanks for the great comments. My daughter has become a great hunter and I love to see how excited she is to get out and hunt.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

You should have shot that deer out from under her. She'll be getting big deer every year now that you showed her how. These girls are too smart-they pay too much attention-they learn too well-they implement what you teach them! Boys....., they go out and shoot the first forkie they see-but girls....., oh man!!! Hope you enjoy being the second best hunter in your family!:D

That is a fine deer, Take them where they are-not where you expect them to be! Congrats to the both of you!!:hump:

Great buck! Mountain whiteys are my favorites. Congrats to both of you. Goes to show what can still be done on public land if you're willing to work.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

You should have shot that deer out from under her. She'll be getting big deer every year now that you showed her how. These girls are too smart-they pay too much attention-they learn too well-they implement what you teach them! Boys....., they go out and shoot the first forkie they see-but girls....., oh man!!! Hope you enjoy being the second best hunter in your family!:D

That is pretty dang funny, but actually...it's scary how true it is...my daughter got an elk her first season of being a legally-aged hunter in Montana, but she truly worked for it. It took no less than 10 days hunting the area to finally get her shot.

...but it took no less than 30 days of hunting in-and-around this area over the years for her Dad to scout and find the spot she's been able to harvest within. But I'm OK with that...all those trips into that country keeps the beer-gut to a reasonable level and fosters a great hunting spirit in my daughter every time we're out.

All-in-all, I'm pretty happy to be the 2nd best hunter in my family, and equally proud that I was able to foster the interest for the #1 hunter in the family with all those great trips into the mountains and high country of Montana that we've had over the years. It is my favorite place to be, and now I've got a partner to share the memories with.

Woo - hoo ---- dandy buck for sure! Nate, you've got a real firecracker on your hands. Too bad you'll just be known as _______'s dad from now on ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back