Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

My dad and bros Dall hunt

Lawnboy

My brother lives in Fairbanks, so being the lucky guy I am we get to go hunting these awesome sheep without a guide and without breaking the bank. The area we hunt doesn't have a airstrip nearby so we have to hump it in about 8 hours. I was so happy my dad was able to connect on one and the be able to still scramble around that rough country. I head up on Monday in hopes of finding a big caribou bull and a legal ram. I'll post my adventures when I return. Hope you enjoy.

100_2129.jpg
My brothers on a sheep trail

100_2147.jpg
Two rams on the hillside. One legal one

100_2157.jpg
Dad took the legal one. It tumbled about 300 feet but still was intact. These are my two brothers

100_2158.jpg
Packing out

100_3262.jpg
A break at camp. Awesome country

100_3263.jpg\
Nice shed. Maybe next week I can find one of these dudes

I never get tired of seeing Alaska pictures.Congratulations to your dad.

That's cool. Congrats to your dad. Thanks for sharing the photos, and good luck on your hunt! Looking forward to your report.

Finally! Now that is sweet! Tell your dad (AKA the horse undertaker) congrats from me. One thing is for sure....you May boys know how to hunt.
What is that glowing thing on the left horn's tip on the ram picture?

I just got to see it in person. It looks great! It's actually bigger in person which is unusual. It was 8 yrs old and full curl on one side and not quite on the other. A great ram though. I'm pumped to go tomorrow. They saw some real big caribou and that's the area that my tag is for.

Sweetnectar I think that is a rain spot on the lens of the camera. Not some crazy tip glowing ram:D

Wow, thats God's country way up there. Just showed the wife the pics and she's impressed.
On a side note: I hope your brother doesn't ever rob a bank because you might get hung for it...you look so much alike.

There is nothing better than a brother in AK. I have said it before. I feel guilty for the early beatings delt out.

Man they look like they are having fun.

That looks like Lots of fun Lawnboy. Here's hoping theres some luck left for you!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back