PEAX Equipment

My Colorado Bull Moose hunt.

Hiker

Hello folks. I haven't posted on Hunt Talk in a while but wanted to share this with you. After many years of applying, I finally drew my resident Colorado Bull moose tag. I hunted my rear end off and saw a total of 10 moose. I saw a total of 5 bulls. I didn't see a shooter bull during muzzleloader season. I was blessed to be able to come back up for rifle season which started October 1st. We hunted hard and covered a lot of country. Thankfully on the 5th day of rifle season I found my bull. He was out 200 yards. I took a prone shot with my .300 Win Mag with 180 grain Hornady innerbond handloads. I aimed true and shot, the bull didn't even flinch! I threw another round into him, same spot. He took two or three steps forward and fell. We made our way down to him. Took some photos, then the work started. If you look close, there's a smaller bull in the background. He came to within 15 yards once or twice while I was gutting my bull. He had absolutely no fear of us. I finally started throwing blood-clotted lung pieces at him and he finally moved off. Great hunt, great time. I am very thankful to God for blessing me with the tag and this wonderful shiras bull.

Attachments

• IMG_20201003_075834971_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201003_075834971_HDR.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 386
  • IMG_20201003_082646686_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201003_082646686_HDR.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 385
  • IMG_20201003_124950663_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201003_124950663_HDR.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 384
Congrats ! Can’t wait to pull my moose tag. I probably have 15 years to go.

Hello folks. I haven't posted on Hunt Talk in a while but wanted to share this with you. After many years of applying, I finally drew my resident Colorado Bull moose tag. I hunted my rear end off and saw a total of 10 moose. I saw a total of 5 bulls. I didn't see a shooter bull during muzzleloader season. I was blessed to be able to come back up for rifle season which started October 1st. We hunted hard and covered a lot of country. Thankfully on the 5th day of rifle season I found my bull. He was out 200 yards. I took a prone shot with my .300 Win Mag with 180 grain Hornady innerbond handloads. I aimed true and shot, the bull didn't even flinch! I threw another round into him, same spot. He took two or three steps forward and fell. We made our way down to him. Took some photos, then the work started. If you look close, there's a smaller bull in the background. He came to within 15 yards once or twice while I was gutting my bull. He had absolutely no fear of us. I finally started throwing blood-clotted lung pieces at him and he finally moved off. Great hunt, great time. I am very thankful to God for blessing me with the tag and this wonderful shiras bull.
WOW! That's the biggest Pronghorn I've ever seen! 😁 JK. Nice bull. Looks like processing him will take a while...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back