My Bighorn hunt 2011

nube

Hey guys, here are some pictures of my hunt this year for sheep. I didn't shoot one this year but took 2 of my friends out to get their firsts. One of my buddies it was his first ever hunt for sheep and the other I took last year and this was his 2nd. We can hunt them every year and since I ahve shot 7 of them myself I let them take them this time and i was just there to help the nubies out.
It was a great trip. Most the sheep were hiding from the heat but we managed to find 2 legal rams both together. My buddies were pretty happy to say the least.

IMG_0915-1.jpg

IMG_0870-1.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0830-1.jpg

Unbelievable country! Hard to catch my breath just looking at the elevation changes....(said the boy from "good-old-flat-Kansas")

To say I was jealous would be an under statement.

I would say the same about you being able to hunt those Dall sheep. I did that years ago in the northwest Territories and had a blast.

Haffner , yes I can hunt sheep every year I want to for a whole $50!!! If I kill one tha bad part is I have to wait a year in between hunting again. I shot 7 of them before I was 32 years old I believe it was. Probably the youngest around to do it. I have been holding out for bigger ones the last few years as my wife thinks they all look the same on the wall. She figures if it is brown and has a curl then why would I need another that is brown with a curl beside it. :p
I love sheep hunting and love that I can hunt them every hunting season either with my own tag or to take a first timer out.

7 before your 32....OMG. I have beed putting in for Colorado for several yrs now and you got 7 before 32. I'm am living in the wrong place to hunt curlies. One day, when I win the lotto or just get drawn for Colorado, I will have some pic's like yours to share. Thank's for the great pic's & congrats to your friends.

Keep posting good stories buddy! The way the drawings are down here I'm gonna be living vicariously through you!!

7 before your 32....OMG. I have beed putting in for Colorado for several yrs now and you got 7 before 32. I'm am living in the wrong place to hunt curlies. One day, when I win the lotto or just get drawn for Colorado, I will have some pic's like yours to share. Thank's for the great pic's & congrats to your friends.

Yes i am a lucky guy to be able to live here. I would go crazy if i had to pay a pile of money or win the draw to go sheep hunting.

Here are a few more pics of someof my rams for you and a couple others.

sheep-1.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back