My 21 turkey adventure

ccc23454

So plan was to post all these after season ended for me in about a week but since I am stuck in a snow storm and bored as hell it just became a live hunt..lol. Trip started with a 1000 mile drive to a lease I have in western oklahoma to meet up with a buddy for few days then get hunting. Goal of trip was 3 stops with 2 birds each: Oklahoma, nebraska and sd/wy border. So along the way meet a lot of fellow turkey hunters from allover (about 20 states now). Weather has been typical early season: nice/beautiful or nasty/windy as hell and as previously stated I am getting pounded by snow right now but trailer is warm! I like to wait 2 or 3 weeks ideally because typically weather and birds cooperate better but cause of upcoming bears seasons need to get done. Birds have been less than cooperative being mainly henned up in huge groups. Seen several birds getting bred but strutters ain't talking a lot. Luckily I have managed to find a few willing to keep my trip exciting. Hopefully back on road tomorrow weather permitting towards South Dakota. So here's picks of 4 birds so far in order, one oklahoma bird has double beard. Couple sheds and deadhead whitetail along way also.KIMG1958.JPGKIMG1983.JPGKIMG1949.JPG Will update after hopefully next 2 sometime this weekend. Hopefully everyone is having safe and exciting spring season, if we BS'd along the way let me know where we meet.

Last edited:
Nice. Thanks for sharing. Now you have a lil time to practice your trophy photo game for this pictorial story that is unfolding hopefully with a bunch of big toms...Thinking, no beer cans and no tailgates and no grass obscuring see the head and beard. Just razzing you, a little....

Nice. Thanks for sharing. Now you have a lil time to practice your trophy photo game for this pictorial story that is unfolding hopefully with a bunch of big toms...Thinking, no beer cans and no tailgates and no grass obscuring see the head and beard. Just razzing you, a little....
It's realistic and no fancy trophy photo ops I don't have a instagram account! Just pics for buddies who are typically low quality also...lol

So plan was to post all these after season ended for me in about a week but since I am stuck in a snow storm and bored as hell it just became a live hunt..lol. Trip started with a 1000 mile drive to a lease I have in western oklahoma to meet up with a buddy for few days then get hunting. Goal of trip was 3 stops with 2 birds each: Oklahoma, nebraska and sd/wy border. So along the way meet a lot of fellow turkey hunters from allover (about 20 states now). Weather has been typical early season: nice/beautiful or nasty/windy as hell and as previously stated I am getting pounded by snow right now but trailer is warm! I like to wait 2 or 3 weeks ideally because typically weather and birds cooperate better but cause of upcoming bears seasons need to get done. Birds have been less than cooperative being mainly henned up in huge groups. Seen several birds getting bred but strutters ain't talking a lot. Luckily I have managed to find a few willing to keep my trip exciting. Hopefully back on road tomorrow weather permitting towards South Dakota. So here's picks of 4 birds so far in order, one oklahoma bird has double beard. Couple sheds and deadhead whitetail along way also.View attachment 180923View attachment 180924View attachment 180925View attachment 180926View attachment 180927 Will update after hopefully next 2 sometime this weekend. Hopefully everyone is having safe and exciting spring season, if we BS'd along the way let me know where we meet.

I like it! I’m a tailgate kill shot fella myself. Keep them coming.

So finished up trip and what a blast! Heres last 2 birds from blackhills, weather and henned up birds made it little more difficult than expected but got it done. All total 6/6 tags in 4 states and pretty memorable trip that included some new country which i always enjoy. In total i think i either meet hunters or seen tags from 23 or 24(some could be rentals) states but vast majority were from wisconsin, furthest either florida or new hampshire. Meet a lot of good people out enjoying the spring woods. Couple days off and start playing with bears. Hope everyone else is having great spring.KIMG2045.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back