Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

My 2019 Iowa season

We drove through storms all night on our way to Colorado, but the worst were just after I left Harpers Ferry last night. The Mississippi might be a bit higher when you get home!

A quick update.

Wyoming was a blast once again. Left early on the 14th heading west. When we got across the South dakota border there were roads closed everywhere. I guess they had heavy rain and alot of flooding. So we detour south and take a different route.

Opening morning we find ourselves out in the middle of nowhere glassing up some antelope. After a few failed stalks we move on to a different piece of blm.

I take connor out on a stalk while dad and Devon wait closer to the truck. Its funny with doe tags in our pockets we had bucks at 100 yards a few different times. After another failed stalk we head back toward dad and Devon. I can see 2 antelope over by where dad should be. After a couple of minutes we hear 2 shots. Dad and Devon doubled up on a couple fawns.
Resized952019091595100828(1)952548.jpg

Dad notching his first western big game tag.
20190915_101729.jpg

After getting them in the cooler we're off to a different spot. Heading down a 2 track we spot an antelope about a mile out. Me and Connor are making a move. I let him get out in front so he can try to get a shot. A few minutes later another fawn down.
IMG950251.jpg

After getting that one in the cooler its time to go to town for ice and Gatorade. While in casper we stopped at G mas diner. Best dam double cheese burger ive ever had. The rest of the afternoon was pretty slow.

Day 2 we are out shortly before shooting light. Im the only one with a tag left. I go ahead and walk out about 1000 yards over a small ridge and sit by some sage brush. It doesn't take long and I see a buck chasing some does around. After watching for about 5 minutes I have does in range. One shot and my tag is filled.
20190916_070000.jpg
Resized952019091695070555955490.jpg

The rest of the day we just did a little site seeing.
20190916_103953.jpg20190916_103950.jpg

Also drove up casper mountain.
We are already making plans for next year. Now back to Iowa and getting ready for archery season on October 1.

Back