My 1st Branched Bull

BlackTimber

Hey guys. It has been quite some time since I have been to this site. Computor crashed, hunting season came upon me, work etc. anyway it's good to be back. I see a lot of things have changed since I have been gone.

Anyway, I got my first branch antlered bull this year and it was a thrill of a lifetime. I was on a solo hunt in Utah. I was down in a canyon about 2 1/2 miles from the road. I tried calling this guy in but he just wouldn't come. He would only bugle back to me if I cow called. Any type of bugleing and he would clam up for about 45 minutes. It was still early in the season. Aug. 26th

Well, I ended up putting the sneek on him. I got in close and put a Snuffer tipped arrow right threw him. I watched him fall only 40 yards from were he stood at the shot.

Now some say "I would have waited. It was opening day." I say Bull$hit. I have killed elk with my bow before but the last 4 years I have held out for a branched bull and this one was my first oportunity for that. I took the shot and have no regrets. Infact I'd do it again.

If you are curious. I boned out all meat and it only took me 4 trips and 11 hrs to get him out. It hurt so good hump

5PointBull.jpg

CroppedElkPic.jpg

WhiteSkull.jpg

Welcome home bud !!!1 And We all say Bull$hit on the waiting !!!

Congrats to a Nice bull. I'll guarentee there is less then 10% of the guys with better ones. I'd be happy with a lesser one, Kudos to ya man !!!

Looks like a Happy Camper in the Last pic with Dads bull.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back