Muzzleloaders (how they ruined my life and will yours’)

Still haven’t gotten anything with a muzzleloader. Being the good recovering Pennsyltuckian that I am I’m only running flint guns. Frustrating as hell, but I love them

Betty Lou Stevenson had the nicest melons in the county. Won 1st prize at the county fair every year. To think she married that no good Tom Richard’s all because he killed that big buck with a rifle…………

Can you imagine how she would have treated me if I’d have killed that buck? Perfect melons every night for the rest of my days………… damn muzzleloaders! I should have rifle hunted more……

Still haven’t gotten anything with a muzzleloader. Being the good recovering Pennsyltuckian that I am I’m only running flint guns. Frustrating as hell, but I love them
Frustrating? You get to laugh at all thise guys looking for caps and primers these days!

So far. When necessary, deer have always kindly waited while I touched up a rock with the back of my knife blade. :)

I can help! You’re the kind I’m after! You’ve been fed a lie! Those things don’t kill, it’s a scam to get you to buy powder and waste lead. Look into the light! Flee the grip of the devil and buy a Ruger M77 mark II in 243. You’ll stack the deer! Please don’t throw your life away! There’s help!

Frustrating? You get to laugh at all thise guys looking for caps and primers these days!

So far. When necessary, deer have always kindly waited while I touched up a rock with the back of my knife blade. :)

They sat useless this past year because I couldn’t get my hands on any black powder until a few weeks ago…just like most of my rifles because I can’t get primers

I was fed this lie before. In MN, muzzleloaders are touted as the perfect solution to those slug-tossing shotguns in the southern zone. Who needs more than one shot with they are light years ahead of them old slugs as far as accuracy?!? Then in the northern zone, they are touted as the perfect late season tool to use to help turn your appendages into icicles rather than staying inside and enjoying the fireplace! They got me too! Might as well slap an “As Seen on TV” sticker on all those silly things! Gimmicks I tell ya! Probably all started with the DNR and similar game departments trying to sell you another deer license! They are probably in bed with CVA, Knight, Traditions, PowerBelt and Pyrodex creators too!

I can help! You’re the kind I’m after! You’ve been fed a lie! Those things don’t kill, it’s a scam to get you to buy powder and waste lead. Look into the light! Flee the grip of the devil and buy a Ruger M77 mark II in 243. You’ll stack the deer! Please don’t throw your life away! There’s help!

Yeah but then I’d have to use a 243

Yeah but then I’d have to use a 243
270, 30-06, 308, 7mm Mag, anything please! Even the 6.5 don’tbleednomore. Anything just don’t do the muzzleloader. I don’t want your life to take a tailspin like mine.

Hell, pick up a crossbow! At least your not dancing with the devil!

This was a buck that I had just a cap go off on. Luckily, this encounter turned out differently than the hangfire on the big buck from several years before. It was raining which must have muffled the sound of the misfire. I immediately dropped down behind a windfall, put a new musket cap on, and peaked over the windfall. He was staring right at me so, instead of trying to raise up enough to get a chest shot, I shot him in the white patch on his throat.

3BB8EFD9-98AC-4782-A6AA-E85520F4F845.jpeg

They sat useless this past year because I couldn’t get my hands on any black powder until a few weeks ago…just like most of my rifles because I can’t get primers
You mean you don't have 50# on hand at all times? Heresy! Actually, I have not seen a time when you could not get BP delivered to your door. Not yet. :)

Perhaps you should learn to make your own powder? Then you are really dependent on only the wheel weights you swipe off of cars in the Walmart lot for casting your balls.

PtK7onS.jpg

I was fed this lie before. In MN, muzzleloaders are touted as the perfect solution to those slug-tossing shotguns in the southern zone. Who needs more than one shot with they are light years ahead of them old slugs as far as accuracy?!?

If you must have 2, then Joseph Lang was your guy.
2D1tA0P.jpg

You mean you don't have 50# on hand at all times? Heresy! Actually, I have not seen a time when you could not get BP delivered to your door. Not yet. :)

Perhaps you should learn to make your own powder? Then you are really dependent on only the wheel weights you swipe off of cars in the Walmart lot for casting your balls.

PtK7onS.jpg

If you must have 2, then Joseph Lang was your guy.
2D1tA0P.jpg
I am sometimes a glutton for punishment but I draw the line at hunting with a flintlock.

Maybe you're just doing it wrong Stocker. Did you remember to lick your thumb and wipe the front sight with it? A lot of folks forget that crucial step in the heat of the moment. And about those perfect melons. Unless you were willing to adjust your definition of "perfect" as time passes, or the end of your days was to come quickly, you might just experience another one of life's disappointments. Even greater than missing that 180 buck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back