Yeti GOBOX Collection

Muzzleloader Pig

FLS

8E926EC6-2F0D-49F2-8261-373248A302D9.jpegHunted a NWR here is SC last week and found a group of pigs rooting up a hardwood bottom while scouting . Slipped in the next morning and killed this little sow with my old 700 ML. Load was a 250 grain Barnes TEZ over 100 grains of Triple 7. Got her hams and shoulders in brine. They’ll go on the smoker this weekend.

Last edited:
I’ve killed a lot of hogs and I’m pretty picky about what I’ll shoot to eat anymore. She’s about perfect for the table.
I got that muzzleloader from a friend that passed after a long battle with ALS. It’s got alot of sentimental value and it shoots really well with those Barnes bullets.

I’ve killed a lot of hogs and I’m pretty picky about what I’ll shoot to eat anymore. She’s about perfect for the table.
I got that muzzleloader from a friend that passed after a long battle with ALS. It’s got alot of sentimental value and it shoots really well with those Barnes bullets.
Agree on the size...cool ML story

Which make is it? Barnes are the ultimate muzzleloading projectiles, IMO. Scary accurate and consistently excellent terminal performance. ML ballistics with them probably about perfect for hog hunting.

Which make is it? Barnes are the ultimate muzzleloading projectiles, IMO. Scary accurate and consistently excellent terminal performance. ML ballistics with them probably about perfect for hog hunting.
250 grain TEZ

Yep that's a eating size hog if I ever saw one
Yep 70 lbs on the nose. You have to check and weight everything you kill there. I passed several waiting on a her to give me a clear shot. i have no use for a big rank boar hog anymore.

Remington 700 ML. Their muzzleloader built on the 700 platform.

Perfect eating size hog! Our small game season stays open until February 28 here in Georgia. I will start hunting hogs in the next couple of weeks with my muzzleloader up in the mountains of North Georgia on national forest. Some of the hogs that live way up in the mountains get huge since there is so little hunting pressure in some of those hard to get to places. Here is a couple from the last few years.788A0115-DA84-4E9D-BC51-C34651308996.jpeg409376DF-429D-4290-88A9-D5A28FBA107B.png

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back