Yeti GOBOX Collection

Muzzleloader Mulies

Summitthunting

My dad and I were lucky enough to draw some decent muzzleloader tags this year. Our deer hunt was cut short a few days due to unforeseen circumstances. We ended up with three days to hunt and managed to put two respectable bucks on the ground. I really enjoy spending these hunts with my dad especially knowing that his days afield are not going to last forever. I couldn't ask for a better hunting partner.
photo (44).JPG.jpg
a.jpg
c.jpg
I also managed to get a 12.5" pronghorn with my muzzleloader. We put a great stalk on a really nice antelope buck but my dad couldn't get a clear shot at one hundred yards. Here's a pick of him, let me know what you think.
photo.jpg
photo (1).jpg
All animals were shot with TC omegas, and power belt bullets. I'm looking for a new bullet, I don't like how much weight the power belts shed when they just hit ribs. Any suggestions? When we were butchering my deer we found a bit of a surprise in his back strap. Three blazer fletchings. The wound channel was completely healed and lucky for me they shot high! This hunt is probably the end of my 2013 big game season, I have a late season cow tag but the freezer is pretty full. Now time to take my two boys goose hunting.

My dad and I were lucky enough to draw some decent muzzleloader tags this year. Our deer hunt was cut short a few days due to unforeseen circumstances. We ended up with three days to hunt and managed to put two respectable bucks on the ground. I really enjoy spending these hunts with my dad especially knowing that his days afield are not going to last forever. I couldn't ask for a better hunting partner.
View attachment 38129
View attachment 38130
View attachment 38131
I also managed to get a 12.5" pronghorn with my muzzleloader. We put a great stalk on a really nice antelope buck but my dad couldn't get a clear shot at one hundred yards. Here's a pick of him, let me know what you think.
View attachment 38132
View attachment 38133
All animals were shot with TC omegas, and power belt bullets. I'm looking for a new bullet, I don't like how much weight the power belts shed when they just hit ribs. Any suggestions? When we were butchering my deer we found a bit of a surprise in his back strap. Three blazer fletchings. The wound channel was completely healed and lucky for me they shot high! This hunt is probably the end of my 2013 big game season, I have a late season cow tag but the freezer is pretty full. Now time to take my two boys goose hunting.

Always been happy with the Barnes muzzy bullets. The bonded TC bullets not bad either.

Great looking deer! I need to check into ML hunts as possibly a way to draw easier and sooner on some species...? Anyway, I also shoot a TC Omega and I shoot the 240 grain Hornady XTP which is a .45 bullet I believe in a plastic sabot... Great load if it's legal where you hunt. If not, sorry for the wasted read time. I also just switched from 100 grains (2 pellets) Triple Seven to 90 grains by volume of Buckhorn 209 powder and really like that. 2 deer down in the past 2 weeks with it for my girls.

Congrats on the critters and time with dad. Really like that big 3 point.

Moments to cherish forever! That 3-point has some exceptional mass. Congratulations to you and your father. I'm headed to CO in two weeks for a 4th season mule deer hunt. Can't wait to get over your way.

Good times with Pops! Congrats to both of you. Your 3pt looks like it could be related to by '12 deer.

Looks like a pretty decent buck through the spotter.

Thanks for the comments guys. I really like the mass on the three point, his bases are six inches. I passed on some 20"-22" 4x4's hoping to find this deer I found two years ago or a deer like him. I was sixty yards from him snapping pictures wishing I had a tag in hand. I haven't found him yet but there's always next year. That being said I'm really happy with the three point.
s.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back