Muzzleloader Doe pics { Head shot}

MEATHEAD

Well YoungRobinHood lost a deer on friday and I told him if he would shootem in the head he would'nt lose them, so he did.

NO MEAT LOST.
I'll let him tell his on story.But here's the pic.
Martin_pics_406.sized.jpg

Well this morning i woke up and it was raining a little but we decided to go any way so i got to the tree climbed up the tree and set there until about 8:00 and i heard the leaves rustling over the sound of the rain so i figured it was probably a deerso i got ready then i saw this doe come off the side of the hill feeding around but i couldn't get a shot on that side but then it jumped the ditch in to a spot where i would have no trouble making a shot so i cocked the hammer on my T/C Encore 50 Caliber muzzleloader and it raised its head(in my mind i weighed the facts friday i had the deer run off so if i took a shot on the head it would either drop right there or i would miss and it run off so i made the quick decision to shoot it in the head) so i put the crosshairs on the head and gently squezzed the trigger so i started reloading and then the smoke cleared and she was layin right in the same spot thats about how it went

BTW i was shooting a 245 gr. hollow point powerbelt bullet with 100 gr of pyrodex powder pellets

Good shootin YR. Our Muzzleloader comes back in tomorrow. Hope I have the same luck, and can shoot as well.

Congratulations, Grant! Next time, though, could you try to stick the tongue back in before you take the pictures? It just makes the animal look bad when the tongue's sticking out.
wink.gif

Looks like she had something on her mind...ha ha, I kill myself.
biggrin.gif

Flipper thats how you shot them so that you can find them
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Darren sorry about that the deer wasn't the best looking after i got done with it any way but i'll remember that next time

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-15-2003 15:34: Message edited by: YoungRobinHood ]</font>

Was you tryin' to do that Robin?

Be honest!
wink.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Where can a guy get a
cool.gif
hat like that?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-15-2003 17:11: Message edited by: ktc ]</font>

Way to go, son. Nice shot. I will tell you however, that a missed head shot sometimes takes off the jaw, and doesn't kill the deer, except very slowly. Where I live, the deer have become nuisances, so no one cares too much. Varmint killing. Mike.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back