Yeti GOBOX Collection

Muzz. Hog Hunt

greatbasin

I did a road trip to California this week, had a great hunt and saw a lot of wildlife deer, turkeys, coyotes, condors, quail and of course wild pigs. It was awesome coastal oak, mountain country. I was able to take this boar at 29 yds.

IMG_0207c8X10asm.jpg

Thats really cool.Great looking hog....russian boar,right? I have gone on one hog hunt to Texas.a few years back and it was a total bust of a hunt.We paid decent money to hunt a fancy pants ranch and never saw one pig.Lefta real sour taste in my mouth,guess I didn't do enough homework.It seems for us guys in Montana, a drive to California woul be a better option.I'll never go back to Texas.I like the idea of more mountain type hunt, and have heard there are ample options on the coast.Wondering if you care to share any details?

Hem, check out Tejon ranch.
the largest private land holding in California....Total Free range.
Guided hunts are spendy, but this is a bargain....

www.hunttejon.com

Special Events - Unguided
Wild Pig Management Hunt

Public Adult $450
Junior $250
Archery $300

2Rocky is right. Tejon is awesome. The mgmt hunts are an awesome deal. I hunt it several times a year. Only 1.5 hrs from LA!

I love those calico colored boars. That's a real nice one!

2rocky,
Thanks for the link.That DOES look like a cool ranch.I would definately consider a non-guided hunt or management hunt.Love those boars.I'll save this for a future consideration. Hem

Private land management tags. With a management plan, habitat improvement and enough land landowners can get tags based on the carrying capacity of their ground. Similar in some ways to Utahs CWMU program.

Check out this link to hunts they give away for youth hunters...
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/docs/SharingtheTradition.pdf

But we are getting away from the purpose of the thread and that is to appreciate a nice Ca Hawg...

That Barnes was all copper wasn't it? Looks like it did it's job!

Back