Caribou Gear Tarp

Must have items

Outside of "needs"

Thermacell (unless it's not going to get above 60 degrees)
Compass around my neck despite having onX and a GPS for backup
Roll of trot line string

Outside of the basic needs or essentials (knives, firearm, binos, clothes, boots, etc.)

I think it varies based on the season and species:

1. Med Kit/Fire Kit
2. Depending on trip either my Inreach w/phone or Gps
3. Baby Wipes (Thats been a real game changer there)
4. Its not a "necessity" but i have taken a liking to the phoneskope setups as well (especially for videoing whatever i see whether i am gonna make a move or not)

If I am Lion hunting I bring a Nalgene in a Insulated cover so it doesn't freeze. Nothing sucks more then when you get to the tree on a 0 degree day and your aqua is taking on the resemblance of a damn slushy.

Binos and weapon always. OnX in some form if it’s a new spot. If it’s a spot I’ve hunted before I would take a book

Disposable shop towels, lighter, zip ties. I carry those aside from my usual gear. I like to keep the shop towels for emergency paperwork, dry tinder or for cleaning my scope when it is wet out. Lighter for obvious reasons. and zip ties work great for fastening your tag to your game. Oh and don't forget pocket jerky, I always get hungry while I'm out hunting.

May seem simple but a long handled titanium spoon. It's nice to eat freeze fried meals without having to put your hand inside of the packet and get food all over your knuckles.

Duck Hunting: Spare gloves (in case one pair gets wet, which it probably will), pocket warmers, thermos of coffee (bad news if I forget that), thermacell (for early season)

Hot sauce for MT house
Long spoon
Fritos for chili mt house
Baby wipes for above
Glassing butt pad
Crystal light packets
Coffee
Your bar none favorite junk food and beverage in the truck for the ride home.

Hot sauce for MT house
Long spoon
Fritos for chili mt house
Baby wipes for above
Glassing butt pad
Crystal light packets
Coffee
Your bar none favorite junk food and beverage in the truck for the ride home.
Thats more than 3.......

Ziploc bags, yard-waste garbage bags, and electrician's tape. It's amazing how many situations can be solved with those three items.

Lots of good stuff has been mentioned. Here is a few more.

Sea2Summit insulated coffee mug - Weighs nothing; I have been known to step off from the tent in the morning sipping on coffee during the hike.
Binocular/tripod adapter - You don't know how bad you are at free handing 10x's until you mount them on a tripod.
RAVPower charging pack - keeps the Inreach and Iphone (onXmaps) charged; especially helpful when the cold zaps the battery....

Had to laugh at that. I got out to the trail head last fall, got the mountain house ready and could not find a spoon
Back in the USMC, eating MRES, you would be surprised how many didn't have a spoon. Learned to just keep one in your vest.

I'll second the baby wipes, another throw back to the annual trips to the sandbox.

I would also add my sittin pad. Rocks are hard.

There are just too many variables that will dictate "must haves" so I'll say it depends. Seasonality of the trip, trip length, temps, predicted weather, animal I'm hunting, type of hunting I'm doing all pose a different set of needs. The list gets pretty dang long but I will say it's a rare moment when I go hunting that I don't have...electrical tape, 1-2 trash bags, and good TP (don't push your luck on being cheap).

One thing I didn't see is tooth pick or floss stick. Nothing worse than having jerky stuck between your teeth all day until yoi get back to camp

Back in the USMC, eating MRES, you would be surprised how many didn't have a spoon. Learned to just keep one in your vest.

I would carry the MRE spoons because they too are long handled, but it sucked when they would break. That's why I bought the titanium spoon.

Back